Request How about Getsu Fuma?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by zombieplasticclock, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Look at my signature.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Well if we want to get a Getsu Fuma, it's to get Getsu Fuma, not Simon, so~

3. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

i wouldn't like him like simon, if only because of the arc jump of epic stiffness. i like it on simon, not getsu XD

i agree that his slippery physics aren't exactly awesome, but they have their good moments. i think my preferred way, at least, would be to take a good look at his HoD physics, and use the NES ones as a classic option.

Crownjo and TheomanZero like this.
  4. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Turned signatures off because everyone had huge sigs. Annoyed the hell out of me. I never forgot your signature.

Huh? well I honestly don't mind his slippery controls since it's not that bad.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

This sounds like a good idea to me. And yes, I'd kind of like to have Getsu.

6. Crownjo

Simon is almost close to his HoD physics. If Getsu can move like him as he does now that would be coolies. His weapons would obviously be different.

7. Nitron_ZX

ehh...kind of. th double jump, he has, but in HoD he has quite a free-moving jump, and he's a bit faster as well. (not to mention triangle jumps. and slide kicks, lol. but those aren't implemented here sooo...)

to be clear, the HoD I mean is Harmony of DESPAIR, not Harmony of Dissonance.

8. Crownjo

I know "the" HoD. I have it on my xbox and used to grind that game like crazy. Good times.

Depends. Simon and Getsu might have the same running speed in SMBC. And yeah drop kicks and slide attacks aren't in yet. Judging from the features topic tag it might be in. IMO I would prefer if those two moves weren't in. I'm game if they do get in.

9. zombieplasticclock

zombieplasticclock Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I'm amazed people are still commenting on this old thread I made.

Wouldn't it make more sense if Getsu Fuma was just a skin for Simon? Ultimately the two play very similarly to each other. Or maybe Jay can make him a skin character, like Megaman and Bass

10. Crownjo

Maybe he is a good character that deserves to be in? If Mega Man and Bass can be in. So can Simon and Fuma. Fuma has different weapons so no they aren't that similar. He can also get the Sophia III treatment with 16-bit/Gameboy music and sprites.

11. Nitron_ZX

as well as other differences. for example, fuma doesn't have to duck to hit toe-nibblers with his melee. and his weapons don't use ammo. and more differences but that's not the point.

something like megaman and bass...I think fuma and simon are more different than those two.

12. Crownjo

Umm since his weapons has unlimited ammo isn't that a bit broken? he might need some nerfs.

13. Mitewing

I recently bought Despair, but can't find anybody online to play with. PM your gamertag if you want to dust the game off. I got both the Simon and Fuma characters and stage DLC.

14. Crownjo

360? I have the entire dlc for Castlevania HD.

15. Mitewing

Yes. 360. I didn't.buy anything else cuz I thought online was dead.

16. Nitron_ZX

I should mention that I have it on PS3. got all the DLC as well.
    still play it, actually, lol. fun times.

17. Crownjo

I think it still has a small community.

18. Mitewing

Maybe. I still haven't beaten the first stage yet. I either need to grind more or team up with someone online.

19. Crownjo

I will never forget you Fuma.

Mitewing likes this.
  20. Crownjo

Gonna bump this. Am I the only one who feels Fuma would be really great to have on the SMBC cast? I am going with my gut feeling... Out of everyone on my wishlist he would be the most realistic choice to add.