Request How about Getsu Fuma?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by zombieplasticclock, Apr 6, 2011.

1. zombieplasticclock

zombieplasticclock Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I think someone mentioned before that, if nothing else. Getsu would make a good Simon reskin.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

It is possible but I think he would be better as a new character. Simon and Fuma play very differently.

3. zombieplasticclock

zombieplasticclock Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

True. Perhaps like Mega Man and Bass?

4. Crownjo

Yes but the differences would be greater.

Simon attacks horizontally. Fuma attacks vertically. Simon and Fuma has different sub weapons.

5. Crownjo

Hey I played Getsu Fuma Den for about 2 hours to research his play style. I decided to make a nice detailed list comparing what his weapons do and what changes to make him work in SMBC.

If you need to know more then go here.

Wikipedia
    Castlevania Wiki

Lets start with his sub weapons.
    • War Drum: Fires sonic waves at enemies.
    • Throwing Star: Throws three shuriken out.
    • Hexplosives: Throws magic explosive which go along the ground.
    The War Drum fires a Kanji letter at the enemy, however in GFD it does not pierce the enemy. It should go through the enemy to make it unique. Just like in GFD the distance does not go all the way so it only shoots half way. So it's a mid range sub weapon.

The Throwing Star goes all the way and does not pierce. It's fine here.

The Hexplosives are mid to long range. They shoot far but not as far compared to the stars. When it hits a wall or goes far enough it makes a three way short range projectiles, however when it hits the enemy you don't get a three way effect. I would change it so if you hit the enemy in SMBC it would explode three ways so you can get a extra hit also possible destroying blocks. This would make a great tool to clear blocks.

The Spin Top makes Fuma do a spin attack on the enemy. Can't say much since I didn't get this yet.

The biggest thing that makes him overpowered is that his sub weapons are... Unlimited. Yes that's right, he cannot run out like Simon. I would recommend making Fuma collect something like hearts to balance this and making it possible to run out. He can also select between different sub weapons. Should he be able to do it on SMBC? Or he should be limited to one?

The Wave Sword is Fuma's upgraded sword. His sword shoots projectiles, he can shoot up to three. So in SMBC he can collect up to three Wave Swords.

Well here is a good playthough I found on youtube. Should give you a idea on how he works.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I have a few questions.

So each Sword powerup gives him one more fireball? 1, 2, 3. Like that? In Castlevania: HD he starts with 3.
    How is his overall feel compared to Castlevania: HD?
    Does he actually play like a cross between Simon and Ryu?
    Have you played Wai Wai World? Those are the only other games he appears in for NES, albeit in a chibilike version.

7. Crownjo

Wrong in Castlevania: HD he starts with a normal sword. You need to level up his sub weapons to upgrade the sword to shoot fireballs. The max you can get is 3.

No. The thing is that he slashes vertical rather then horizontal like Simon and Ryu. His sub weapons are very different compared to Simon's

Never played Wai Wai World but I have seen videos of it.

8. Mambo

Mambo Level 2: Koopa

You would have to see and translate from the Kanji form of the name to confirm. The Kanji character for "fist" and Kanji character for "sword", though both read as "ken" in these cases, are entirely different characters. Kanji is the Japanese writing system borrowed from the Chinese, in which a single character represents an entire word. In the other two Japanese writing systems, a single character only represents a syllable.

More like the other way around, since GetsuFuumaDen preceded TMNT.

I think, it's similar to Samus' famous "Screw Attack"...though, I have never personally gone far enough in the game to get/use it. Fuuma doesn't have it in the Wai Wai World game; but the ninja in the Ganbare Goemon stage has this distinctive attack that resembles it.

Only the characters in WWW2 are in actual "chibi" style. The first game, not so much.

aliceandsven and Mitewing like this.
  9. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"You would have to see and translate from the Kanji form of the name to confirm. The Kanji character for "fist" and Kanji character for "sword", though both read as "ken" in these cases, are entirely different characters. Kanji is the Japanese writing system borrowed from the Chinese, in which a single character represents an entire word. In the other two Japanese writing systems, a single character only represents a syllable."

Thank you, this has solved a lot of confusion

10. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

who's gestu fuma? i can't play the game because i'm typing with a wii.