How about NOT allowing characters stamp enemy?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by wingfin, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You just really want this, don't you? All right then, I'll VM Jay and ask if he could make it an option. At least then, we're all happy.
    And you're totally able to make a petition.

2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Im glad only Mario and Luigi can stamp enemies. It's kind of there thing.

ThomasMink, Mitewing and TheomanZero like this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I still think it should be a cheat. Preferably an unlockable one.

uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.
  4. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Beat the game and stomp X00 enemies as the Mario Bros.?

I'd just like to sign the petition for this; I think it'd be a pretty good cheat.

Sergy92 and Faruga like this.
  5. Faruga

Patron

This guy's petition is to remove the feature ENTIRELY.

6. huang17

huang17 Level 3: Paratroopa

Excuse me, but could you please ask Jay to make it so that the cheat that allows stomping is always unlocked? It just seems more fair.

7. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe it should unlock when you die five times in a row trying to stomp an enemy.

Nemephosis and Faruga like this.
  8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Actually, what seems more fair is letting stuffs as they currently are.

9. huang17

Oh, COME ON! Mario Fan said that if it is an option, we will all be happy. But I can't be happy if the cheat isn't always unlocked.

10. Rey D

Patron

→ Poor kid.
    No seriously, do you realize it's Jay's game? Requesting that cheat is fine, but you can't just force things that Jay doesn't want.
    It would be more interesting to prove that you deserve getting that cheat.

11. huang17

I think that not being able to stomp enemies is unfair because Goomba's heads are soft. Or do you just want all Goombas to become Spinies every time I play as a character other than Mario or Luigi?

12. Rey D

Patron

→ Well yet Mario does die if he touches Goombas. His attack is a jump attack. Other characters use weapons. And they can kill goombas, whereas Spinies are hard-shell ennemies.

13. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

I don't see why all the character need to stomp.The game have so many attack for the character.Why you need the stomp?WHY?There so many attack and powerup by character.

TheomanZero likes this.
  14. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Rush Coil 2.0

Faruga likes this.
  15. huang17

Pretty please make it an always unlocked cheat? I don't want the game to be ruined for me forever.

16. Faruga

Patron

You're not the boss. Characters don't need to be able to stomp enemies, especially Link.
    Jay chose to stop characters stomping.
    If this guy goes on, I will make a poll asking if this should be an option. And it will be "if you think the game will be better", not "OH GOD I'M GLAD THAT EVERYONE WILL SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT IT".

TheomanZero likes this.
  17. Rey D

Patron

→ So you're telling me you've never played Castlevania, Mega Man, Metroid, Contra, The Legend of Zelda, Blaster Master or Ninja Gaiden ; because they couldn't do that in their original game, where they couldn't just touch enemies to one-hit kill them.

Why am I posting this when I should know that you won't listen because you're a bad player?

TheomanZero, Omicron and Faruga like this.
  18. huang17

I have played them on Virtual NES, but Goombas are completely different.
    EDIT
    As I mentioned before, Goomba's heads are soft.

19. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Blaster Master did not have goombas. Consider one thing: Using the Blaster Master scale, Goombas are 15 meters tall. Do you think hitting a 15 meter tall Goomba wouldn't wreck the tank??

Second. Goombas are brown mushrooms. So they're most probably poisonous. Mario wears boots. How about Ryu that somersaults into the air? Landing over a 1m wide poisonous mushroom shouldn't do any good to your health.

20. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I have to say I'd agree on it being a cheat mainly for nostalgic reason I miss a lot in the older SMBC. But don't get me wrong the new stuff is worth losing some of the old.
    Stomping enemies
    Music from multiple games of each characters series or in layman's term the old music setup
    well actually it's only two things I can think of.

TheomanZero likes this.