How to unlock all cheats instantly

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0vznFnBWAY
    I included a way to unlock all the cheats from in the game. I still recommend playing the game and unlocking all of the cheats naturally, but this will save your from loading a save file. You must follow the instructions exactly.

Go into the cheats menu and place the cursor on "Classic Simon." Press the jump button 10 times, then press the special button once. The cheats menu will close. When you reopen it, you'll have all the cheats unlocked.

This is much more convenient than editing a save file.

2. Duckerdoo

Duckerdoo Level 5: Spiny

Seems a little blah, but at least it'll be easier. If it were me, I would've made the contra code unlock all cheats. Play as Bill, pause game, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, jump, attack, enter. No select, so...

Elij Fainsan Quezon likes this.
  3. phurgawtin

phurgawtin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

You're a lot nicer than me, Jay. I woulda made it where you have to pick mario at 1-1 in extreme mode, and jump backwards into the very first hole for all of your lives.

Thanks for the tip though. Will this easy cheat unlocking be a permanent thing?

Superjustinbros likes this.
  4. Jay

I'm not sure if it's permanent, but it will stay in version 1.2. And I thought about making it the konami code, but that would require extra work for me. This was a way to unlock cheats that no one would figure out and it required very little coding. It's just there for convenience, mostly for me for quick debugging, but I figured I'd tell you guys about it because it's easier than hacking save files.

I'll probably change how save files work in the next version, so I don't know if I'll include a way to unlock it like this. But I know some people just want to mess around with all the cheats.

5. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Select wasn't part of the Konami code. Technically Start wasn't either. Start is just put in because you have to start the game, select is sometimes put in because Contra was praised for it's 2 player simultaneous support and was a lot easier with 2 players.

6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I think it's hilarious how the jump button is used 10 times. Sort of an expression of how frustrating it can be to play as classic Simon.

7. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

A cheat-cheat? AN ÜBER-CHEAT?

That is quite silly.

8. I am loving the sound of this!

thanks for thinking about it in a way that is so different than how I thought about it. now i can see great humor in something I found no humor at all in... WOW! you put a huge smile on my face, forever sunshine shall fall on me.

9. Bill R.

Bill R. Level 3: Paratroopa

Cool cheats, thanks Jay.

10. Jay

That's too funny!
    No prob.

11. nicpen

nicpen Level 5: Spiny

I had been using this earlier, but then today I decided to earn the cheats the hard way. I managed to get all of them, and feel more accomplished than I probably should.

12. Bill R.

Questions:
    Why you reveal the biggest secret in the game? Could not you put it anywhere else?
    I think anyone would want to unlock playing and all the time, use this.

13. repairmanman

repairmanman Level 5: Spiny

Because there is literally no way for us to know this. Besides, he said he would give us a way to unlock everything, that doesn't mean we have to use it.

14. aizen343

aizen343 Level 2: Koopa

D:

Why Simon? o_o

I would say something here, but i just realized tha I'M NOT A GOOMBA ANYMORE /*-*/

Someday i'll be "level 99: DTMF MASTER" XD

Returnin' to the post, nice catch. It reminds me of that time of cheap cheats in games (my Dynavision and Master System really agreed with me :3).

15. Please

A lot of people use this instead of booting up the save file. Even if they've already unlocked all the cheats and saved it, it's quicker to do this than to dig through the files on your computer. And also if they play on another computer they don't have to use a flash drive.

16. Bill R.

Yeah, but everyone wants to do this and I think no one would do playing it.

But I think better do everything they tell you the tricks locked with ?????? instead of doing the trick secret. Few people would do that and I do to that, I'll try this trick secret after unlock all cheats playing.

17. Please

Some people don't play the game for a challenge, they just play to have fun. If they have fun messing with cheats, this is a way for them to unlock them instantly.

18. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I've unlocked the cheats before. But because of accounts I have at websites that involve money and buying and selling stuff I always delete my browser history. So this is great in that case.

19. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I usually use this to use the hammer bros. cheats, not to make the game easier...

I
    AM
    NOT
    A
    NEWB!!!

20. Bill R.

But in a moment, they will unlock cheats naturally.