I have made forum history.

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Alias X Beoulve, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

By resurrecting long-lost Community Spotlight threads, I have made history by becoming the first ER member to have their Spotlight officially going while others have had the chance to answer questions and get their time to shine as well, sharing the limelight with my good friend Ugly Rodent, as well as Dinospy and Chaos Fantazy.

This has been a glorious event for me, because it's something I've regretted being unable to do; joining long after these threads happened, posting in others spotlights before me and getting the opportunity to publicly interview them long after their time.

And while I don't understand why the threads have to be locked after a certain time, it is not within my power or place to request that these set rules be changed; I just think that anyone should be able to ask them things anytime they want, in threads that are completely their own, making them personal and special to them.

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

2. repairmanman

repairmanman Level 5: Spiny

Most of the other community spotlights were closed late.

If you want to talk about forum history though...

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

So you convinced a mod to unlock those threads? That's your awesome and glorious event?
    ... Well, I don't mind much about the spotlights, so, I have no opinion particularly.

4. Alias X Beoulve

No, the threads were already unlocked. I didn't have to 'convince' anyone.
    I just took it upon myself to post in them.

uglyrodent likes this.
  5. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

A: You're probably right about this.
    B: You have every right to object to this rule. If you have a problem with it, take it up with them.

Although, if you really wanted to, you could just use a private Conversation.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm round of applause for tonight's host, Rurik Adelbern!

7. Rey D

Patron

Oh, so you were proud of having posted questions?

8. Alias X Beoulve

Posting questions in 'forbidden' threads, yes. :)

9. Rey D

Patron

"Posting questions in 'forbidden' threads, yes. :)"
    →I see. ...Oh wait, it's not "forbidden", other wise you wouldn't be able to post in them.

10. Alias X Beoulve

Well, I'm sure you get the point, Rey D.
    It's supposed to be, because the thread was supposed to be locked.

Hell, if I didn't revive them, no one would ever realized they were left unlocked.

11. Rey D

Patron

"It's supposed to be, because the thread was supposed to be locked."
    → Well, the question is "Why weren't they?". But yeah, you're a hero. You revived those threads. They owe you their life, they thank you. B) Just kidding. That's fine. :)
    "Hell, if I didn't revive them, no one would ever realized they were left unlocked."
    → And that's a good point you're bringing.

12. Alias X Beoulve

It's a pretty underhanded thing to do;
    Making me the perfect candidate for the job.

13. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

But... Can't you just ask them on their profile? :rolleyes:

14. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Or start a conversation.

15. Alias X Beoulve

It's not the same.

16. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I agree I'm disappointed in how mine went because I was trying to escape who I really am because of that girl at my church. But I had a chance with her she's gonna have to accept me hot pink pig tails and all.;)

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  17. Alias X Beoulve

This is why I think they should all be left open; so that anyone can publicly ask them a question anytime, without having to search for a thread or through pages of other threads just to find answers about someone.

If yours was open, I'd totally post in it; along with many others I regret being unable to do so with.

18. if they want to ask questions, they can always ask them on your profile or in private. rules are made by the OP. instead of complaining about it publicly. maybe don't complain. and have a conversation with the OP. that's how a mature adult would handle the situation. just like write a company you have a problem with, instead of coming a web forum. they don't read and complaining. write to the people who can do something about it. that's adult.

EDIT: plus more importantly, it might actually get stuff done, other than rabble raise

19. Alias X Beoulve

Oh I'm not trying to complain or start arguments or anything like that.
    I'm just openly stating my opinion without talking anyone down.

I get that you can post on people's profiles, but it's less likely that everyone will see; I think that's what makes the community spotlights so great, because everyone can see the posts whether or not they intended to. If someone visits someone elses profile, it's because they chose to, not because it's a public post that comes up in the sidebar like every other post.

I'm not gonna go complain to Morano, either; I don't see anything wrong with talking about it in here. Like I said, I'm not trying to start beef or whine about the rules. ^_^

uglyrodent likes this.
  20. and so you'll never obtain what you want unless somebody who reads this complains to him for you. becuase you're a coward? if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. because if you wait for others to do it for you. stuff will never get done. Morano is a proud arrogant man, he'll respect you more if you confront him and show him you're a manly man. by suggesting a change to him mano-a-mano. you're wasting not only your time. but everyone that reads what you're saying in here time. because nothing is getting done. other than emotions being riled up. DO SOMETHING! all your doing is NOTHING