In-game skin problem fixes

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

We needed this to fix 16-bit Rock's error and a few others. Okay, off you go, sbq92!

sbq92 likes this.
  2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Here are the Mega Man and Bass sheets with the updated weapon icons for Super Arm, Metal Blade, and Hard Knuckle. I also corrected the color issue on 16-bit "Rock," and I corrected the T on the Bass sheets (the top stem was too thick) and I turned the Ts into Ws on the 16-bit Dr. Wily skin.

Mega Man
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    Color correction

Bass
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update
    [​IMG]
    Weapon icon update

Frozsoul likes this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Hooray! Does this mean all the inconsistencies are gone now?

4. Faruga

Patron

I'll just finish this MK:SC Grand Prix and then I'll compare them with the game itself.

5. sbq92

I hope so! :)

They won't be changed in-game yet, but they will hopefully be changed next update.

Earlier today I updated the weapon icons on the custom sheets people had uploaded in order to make those consistent as well. I'll have to go through again to make sure I got them all.

EDIT: I just checked all of the Mega Man and Bass custom sheets, and they all have the up-to-date weapon icons. Once the official sheets are updated, there should be no more inconsistencies. :D

6. Zarran

Zarran Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

16-bit Proto Man's Coil, Jet and Marine icons say RC instead PC.
    It's fixed here:
    Proto Man 16-bit.png

7. TheomanZero

Nice catch!

8. sbq92

Good catch, I missed that one. :)

As a side note, Mario-Fan does a lot for the wiki (he is the wiki moderator, after all). I do wonder if he deserves a special title, such as "Wiki Master" or something like that. :)

9. TheomanZero

I support this wholeheartedly.

10. Faruga

Patron

:awesome:
    Not like I'm the only one, but that would be cool! But what would we animate?
    EDIT: Bad news everyone - all fixed inconsistencies in the sheets are inconsistencies in-game. I hope Jay and Ryuza can do a micro-update to fix these...

11. sbq92

You're the only one listed under the Wiki Moderators on the staff page on the wiki. I suppose the character you animate is probably up to you. :) Since you are a moderator, though, you could just be labeled as such and use the animated Mario, which would make sense, because you are Mario-Fan. :p It would be cool if you had your own unique title, though.

I already knew this, that's why I was submitting fixes. :p

12. Faruga

Patron

I'm the only Wiki mod that is only a sysop and not a bureaucrat. If I got the animated Mario, maybe Omegaman's sprites?

13. sbq92

Which ones are Omegaman's sprites?

Also, the Metroid II Samus bomb sprites have been bugging me ever since the 2.0 trailer. So, I've fixed them:

[​IMG]

They don't have to be orange, but I wanted to at least use the correct sprite, since the sprite that was being used was a morphed Samus sprite, and it just didn't make sense.

EDIT: I corrected the Ice Beam sprite as well.

14. TheomanZero

YES YES HOORAY I'VE BEEN WANTING THIS FOR SO LONG

sbq92 likes this.
  15. sbq92

I'm going to make another correction shortly, to the same skin. The Ice Beam actually has its own sprite, but Zach used it as a little burst from when a beam hits an enemy (I wonder if Zach has ever actually played Metroid II). I'll edit the above post when I make the correction.

TheomanZero likes this.
  16. TheomanZero

I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't. It wasn't very popular, especially since the GBC remake was cancelled.

17. Faruga

Patron

Mario-Fan sprite sheet.png

ThomasMink and sbq92 like this.
  18. sbq92

I actually have just one more fix for the GB Samus sheet:

[​IMG]

I removed the little bursts that show up when a shot hits an enemy. Those aren't actually in Metroid II, and they were using the Ice Beam sprite anyway.

While I was at it, I also went ahead and made the bombs yellow. I think they look better yellow than orange.

TheomanZero likes this.
  19. Faruga

Patron

Put Rock's hair on Rush Marine sprites for Rock's skin and for James Bond's skin.
    Mega Man 006.png.png Mega Man 007.png

ThomasMink, sbq92 and TheomanZero like this.
  20. sbq92

I've decided to finally fix the enemy skins. I've swapped the Lakitu positions and I've properly aligned the Bullet Bills. As far as I know, everything else is fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheomanZero and Faruga like this.