Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Mar 16, 2012.
By doing that,sbq92,all the enemy skin made by me and other poeple have to update the lakitu.
Well, yeah. I'll upload the fixed templates because the files are protected, the rest of you guys can fix all the enemy skins.
I actually just finished fixing them all!
You do good job man,but the SMBC not enemy skin have a little problem with the red arthur paratroopa,if you can fix it.
Thank you so much for this! If you ever find yourself wondering whether anyone cares, know that I do.
By the way, what's that third fireball sprite on the lower level that only appears on some sheets?
I think is from is for bowser fireball.Skin that not need that sprite erased it.
. . . I'm sorry, I didn't understand that at all.
It's the third frame of Bowser's fire breath. Some sheets use three frames, some only use two. I suppose you could also potentially just make a single-framed fire breath sprite, but where's the fun in that?
Oh, I didn't realize the skins worked that way . . . I thought any animation always had the same number of frames, though some of them could be repeated. Does Jay have to switch the fireballs between two frames and three frames depending on the skin?
I suppose so. I doubt it's that big a deal, though. He probably has it set up to simply be an index switch from "2" to "3" (or something like that). All these sheets are remarkably flexible. It looks like when Jay reprogrammed the entire graphics engine, he intentionally did so in such a way that skinning would not only be possible, but also very versatile.
. . . Well now I'm even more impressed.
Good news, guys! All skin sheets have been updated! (I changed 16-bit Proto's Rush Marine to MM's 16-bit one. Why the heck is there no Rush Marine on Game Boy Proto Man's sheet?)
My guess would be because Zach hasn't designed a "Proto Marine" yet, and since it's not implemented yet it doesn't really matter if it's on the sheet or not. I assume he'll update it when he comes up with one.
Also, did Zach reply to your message? Does he know a bunch of the sheets have been updated?
Forgive the double post, but this is relatively important.
Can someone verify Proto Man's partially-charged shot sprites in MM9/10? The sheets currently have them as the same as Mega Man's, but his fully-charged shot is the graphic from MM4 (which is correct), and Mega Man's partially-charged shot in MM4 is just a single ball of energy. If MM9/10 uses the single ball of energy, I'll change it.
EDIT: I was able to confirm ^this from a video. Also, apparently Proto Man has a different charging sound...interesting.
8-bit Proto Man corrected partially-charged shot
This is certainly minor, but it's important for accuracy.
Also, there are some differences between the 16-bit Mega Man sheet and the 16-bit Proto Man sheet. It seems like they should be uniform, though. The main differences I see are the enemy death explosions (colorized on Mega Man's sheet) and the Pharaoh Shot (both are 16-bit-ized, but they are different colors). Thoughts?
EDIT: I went ahead and made the changes, but we don't have to keep them.
16-bit Proto Man some graphical line-ups with 16-bit Mega Man
Looks like we still had a lot of mistakes in the game. But if you guys introduced any more mistakes I will destroy you! I guess there isn't really any way to me to verify everything though. I guess I'll just have to download these new skins next time we update and make sure they work.
It's pretty cool though you guys are fixing stuff though. It's nice to see the game getting better without me or Zach working on it. I wish it was possible for you to improve more than just the graphics.
I didn't look that closely, but it looked like the bullet bills on the all stars enemy sheet were higher than the rest. (I'm the one that tells everyone what they did wrong. That's why Zach loves me!)
Has Zach been doing any updating on the skin sheets at all, or are these changes appropriately being made to the most up-to-date sheets?
On the corrected sheets on the last page, you mean? I thought I aligned them all properly, but it's possible I misaligned one of them. I'll check it out.
EDIT: Fixed! It was a pixel too high. Nice catch!
We fixed some stuff mentioned in the bugs forum. I know we fixed some of Luigi's sheets because the fire flower was invisible. I'm not sure if there was anything else.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. Just check the all stars sheet to be sure.
This type of thing sort of makes me want to open source the game. Because I'm sort of ready to move on, but it'd be great if it can keep getting better.
This sounds like an interesting idea. I don't know enough about open source stuff to know whether or not this would be a positive move for the game, but I have some reservations about it, at least at this point. It seems like it should perhaps be "polished" a bit more before it's released for public access. Maybe that's just me, though.
Open source isn't exactly what I meant. I wrote my thoughts in this thread. I just thought of all that stuff after seeing this thread... so thank you!
Yeah I was gonna say, how do you opensource it but keep it on ER
Separate names with a comma.