Incoherent Ramblings of Jay Pavlina - 8/29/2011

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    Everyone, leonmuse, roman6a and 2 others like this.
  2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I was pretty ecstatic when I saw this video was up. Then Jay got off on a tangent about Chrono Trigger.

Sir, you just made my whole week. The entire. Fucking. Week.

3. SeanEBlog

SeanEBlog Level 3: Paratroopa

Is your next film going to be based off Epic Beard Man?

4. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Am I the only one who thinks Crono would be meh in SMBC?

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Crono is never meh in anything.

6. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well he would not be worse then Link. He has just as many stuffs and moves as Link.

7. Crownjo

Maybe because there is other NES characters I would rather have? Crono is overrated.

Plus if he did get in... You know who would ruin the fun? Square-Enix. They are overprotective over Crono for some stupid reason. I don't want this game to end up like Crimson Echoes or the 3D remake.

Zelda 1 Link has some of the gameplay that Zelda 2 Link has. Just with a diffrent sprite and a boomerang

8. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

OMG one hour?

THAT MEANS MORE TIME TO LISTEN TO JAY TALK!!!

roman6a likes this.
  9. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I am a fan just like you guys (even though I make the game) and I think Crono is cool. I'm surprised how much of a reaction it got though. I just have a lot of fond memories playing Chrono Trigger, and I'd like to see him in a new game, whether it's mine or an official game. But there's other more classic characters I'd want to put in first anyway. I was just saying that I also get excited about seeing different characters in the game just like you.

And I tend to like silent heroes like Crono and Link. It makes them really interesting for some reason. When I was little, I used to draw comics and write stories of Crono, Mega Man X, Link, and Donkey Kong (from Donkey Kong Country). I even won a "Young Authors" award, whatever that is, for a story I wrote about Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

roman6a and Mitewing like this.
  10. Crownjo

Don't get me wrong... I love Chrono Trigger. I even did a full playthough of a retranslated rom and enjoyed it.

I would be fine with Crono in a new game. Of course maybe you could make a awesome game with Crono in it. Just as long as the Sqeenix suits don't step in.

11. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Aw man, I can't wait to play with the Contra Level skins

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Sniperassassinx

Sniperassassinx Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

does M.bison agree with this video?
    M.Bison: YES! YES!
    there you go.

roman6a likes this.
  13. Crownjo

I really can't wait to play as Luigi and the two new characters.

14. Jose Chapa

Jose Chapa Level 6: Lakitu

wow an hour!!!!
    i was expecting about 10 minutes or something, i was gonna watch it before i went to bed....
    but now i gotta wait till tomorrow
    its been a while since jay made one of these long vids, and i cant wait to see it. i would watch it right now but..... i would probably fall asleep in the middle of the video

15. leonmuse

leonmuse Level 3: Paratroopa

Hello Jay... i'm new here, big fan of your game...I am watching your new video right now...hey, i'd like to suggest Arthur from GnG for the next game, and keep going, man, you're really talented... I hope to make good friends here... See ya'll!

edit:

done with the video...great news!!! i hope the designer doesn't get mat at you for telling us the delay's somehow his fault lol

It would definitely be the perfect Christmas gift, so, let's hope so...

16. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

Oh Jay... Jay, Jay, Jay. Could you by any chance make your videos a teeeeensy bit shorter?

Like seriously.

Ian Mallard likes this.
  17. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Everything you need to know's in my sig.
    I think the answer is obvious: no. If you don't like long videos, just don't watch. Incoherent ramblings are what they are. He just does the way he feels it.

Oh and people... Stop saying you can't wait to play the game. Please.

18. leonmuse

leonmuse Level 3: Paratroopa

Thanks Ray D!
    I see your point in asking people not to be hasty about the game, but probably this is something among other things that motivates Jay, don1't you think?

19. Crownjo

No.

Sergy92 and roman6a like this.
  20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

:eek: Oh you're meeeaaaaan!
    Naah. At first yes, but Jay, because of that, pushed himself a bit too hard. (negative post here)