Not a Bug Incorrect Music?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Zunar, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

When I was playing as SOPHIA in SNES mode, some of the music was still NES, like the underground, castle, underwater, night, and invincibility music (Areas 2, 4, 5, 6, and one of the two boss musics, respectively).

Also, I heard the underwater music while in the clouds.

NOTE: The music was NOT set to Random. It was set to Character.

2. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

this actually IS a bug.

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

The 16 bit music is not yet complete. Jay is having someone else compose custom music. That's why it's marked Not a Bug (also, Jay is the only one who can apply that tag).

Rey D likes this.
  4. Nitron_ZX

ah, my apologies then.
    didn't realize it was custom music, could have sworn there was a 16 bit BM game. my bad ^-^;;

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

There was, I can't remember why Jay isn't using those songs. I think the case was that there wasn't enough music.

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Blaster Master 2 for the Genesis. I've heard it wasn't a very good game, but I don't know if the music was any good.

7. Nitron_ZX

ah, see, I thought so.
    though it's genesis, so that explains why it's not used, if not the not enough tracks thing.

8. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

He should just use the Blaster Master Overdrive music, or whatever that Wii one was.

While it's not quite on the same quality level as the NES (that was just epic and classic) it might fit.

NES:

Wii:

Nes is better (just cause it's more classic) but the Wii version is not without its charm. Maybe that could be used? All the levels are represented.

edit: And just because the guy did an amazing job on it, here is some dude playing it on an electric guitar.

9. Nitron_ZX

i'd support that (because overdrive is a great game that I have myself) but it's not 16-bit, unfortunately. :/

10. Nemephosis

Yeah, but we'd only be using the music. There is no 16 bit Blaster Master music (or apparently, not enough of it.) We have an option that fits the bill, and enough of it to go around.

11. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

The question is, is it in the right format for the sound emulator?

12. Nemephosis

I'm sure it can be converted... or that Unity can handle MP3 or OGG formats.

13. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

16 bit should be 16 bit, not MP3.

TheomanZero likes this.