Fixed Incorrect Skin Upon Loading Saved Game

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by sbq92, Feb 9, 2012.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I just loaded a saved game in which I had been playing using the GB Protoman skin, but the Mega Man skin loaded instead. I guess it reverts to the default skin for the character and style, but that's disappointing, and it seems the save data should acknowledge which skin was being used when it was saved. Either that or include an option to be able to change character skins while playing.

2. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

You can change the skins in the options. It's in the graphic options. Change it from NES to Gameboy and the other way around til you get the skin you want. :)

3. sbq92

That just resets the character to the basic skin for that setting, which is the same thing that's happening when a saved game is loaded. There isn't a way to change a character's skin (e.g., Mega Man to Protoman) during the game if you're playing 'Single Character' mode. All you can do is change them from among NES->GB->SNES.

4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

It's supposed to save the skins. what game mode were you on? Single character?

5. sbq92

Single Character, GB skins.

6. Jay

Did it revert to Mega Man's NES skin or GB skin. were there any other things messed up when you loaded or was that the only thing?

7. sbq92

It reverted to the GB skin, and nothing else seemed messed up. As I mentioned above in response to Improvement, the same thing happens when you change the graphical settings, and then there's no way to change back to the character skin you were using. If you were playing as Protoman and you change the graphical settings, you're stuck as Mega Man for the rest of the game.

8. Jay

Never thought of that. Stupid game.

I was able to reproduce the saving bug so I'll be able to fix it. I'll try and think of something for the other problem too. It's impossible to think ahead and plan everything that everyone will do. Thanks for reporting this stuff.

Edit: I'm gonna add a change character skin to the graphics menu to address the second bug.

luigiman64 and sbq92 like this.