Interface Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Scorpion42, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Dochobin

Dochobin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Thanks. :)

Scorpion42 likes this.
  2. Edwin0080

Edwin0080 Level 5: Spiny

This is an example of interface super mario bros 3 special:) Interface_003.png

3. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

1. Make Title Blue. The colors you chose for the title do look cool, but I'm sorry to say it's probably better to try to make it as much like the NES version as possible, meaning blue.
    2. Make ?-block Orange. I'm also confused by the colors of the random block. Isn't there something closer to orange?
    3. Color Power-Up Icons. You haven't coloured the icons for mushrooms and such.
    Other than that, this is probably your best skin so far. :)

SMBC, goth style haw

mitsymckenzie777 likes this.
  4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

He's basing it off of the GBC pirate Super Mario Bros 3 Special.

Alkerion and Dimpsy like this.
  5. Scorpion42

Wouldn't say it's incorrect, but okay, sure

6. Searinox

Searinox Level 0: Newbie

Could borderlines be wider than 1 pixel?

7. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

If you mean the borders of the sprites, then yes.

If you mean the purple borders outlining the whole sheet, then no, those cannot be changed.

8. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Yoshi's island interface skin.
    Yoshi\'s Island Interface.png

I always hate making these. Anyone know what the pixels are to the left of the menu window sprites?

Mitewing, Faruga, TheomanZero and 3 others like this.
  9. silentshadowxp

Double post for something new!
    Kirby Interface.png

The text on the left looks odd with a black background, but it's for the menus so it will look better there. I do need help however transforming "Kirby's Adventure" into "Super Mario Bros Crossover", so help would be appreciated!

Mitewing likes this.
  10. MissingNo2

Since I only have access to MS Paint on this computer, may I direct you to this font?

silentshadowxp likes this.
  11. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Of course, sir.
    (you need to install the font to see the text the way I intend it to be seen)

12. silentshadowxp

Kirby Interface.png

This is currently what it looks like, but it's lacking the curve the text has in the original. The only real solution that I can think of for that would be to ROT Sprite each individual letter, but that seems like too much work unless someone else has a better idea.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  13. Scorpion42

Diagonalize (or whatever) it in MS Paint.
    Kirby Interface.png
    You have to touch it up, though, and I guess I didn't do an optimal job here.

14. silentshadowxp

Thanks, that's great! Would you mind doing the same to "Crossover" (only curved the opposite direction)? I don't have that in my version of MS Paint. It shouldn't be that tough for me to touch it up afterwards.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  15. Scorpion42

Oh okay, thanks! It's gonna have to wait until tomorrrow, I've been postponing my homework long enough for today :p

16. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Oh my God... that font... that curve... that title screen... it's... it's...
    IT'S FUCKING RAINBOW ISLANDS!!!
    [​IMG]
    and off-topic post is off-topic.

Scorpion42, Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  17. MissingNo2

Pretty sure that uses the same font Nickelodeon used to use.

18. Scorpion42

Here, I'm actually proud of it :) I'd say the letters in "BROS" need to be turned more, but I really don't have time for that until the weekend. Try to see if you can tweak them to follow the curve better.
    Kirby Interface.png
    Also I'm certain you have the function in your MS Paint too. I just don't know what it's called in English. Bending? Whatever, goodnight.

19. silentshadowxp

paint.png
    My Paint is actually a really crappy and basic version of paint. What you see in that picture is all the functions that I have in my version of paint.

And thank you, that helps out a lot! I'll try fixing that up a little bit later.

20. Scorpion42

Yeah, that's the same as my version. It's in the "Resize" window.

No problem! I looked at it Again, and had trouble improving on it, so I'm just gonna pass it to you :p