Iron Man and Marathon modes

Discussion in 'Features' started by Nemephosis, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Okay, it's now almost a given that LL and SMBS will be implemented some time.

I'm wondering how feasible this is:

Eight giant levels in the game that has all the world maps in it. You start at 1-1, when you get to what would be the end, you go into a pipe which takes you to 1-2, at the end is a pipe that takes you to 1-3, etc. Then you would get to 1-4, and beat that, and then you've cleared the world, and start on world 2. Since the worlds are now one level, dying on 1-4 would take you back to the beginning of 1-1. Guess you better not die... >:)

Once LL and SMBS are implemented, what about "Marathon Mode" where after you clear 8-4 in SMB, it just takes you right to 1-1 of LL, and you have to go through all 13 worlds up to D-4, then you started in on SMBS. "Too hard" and all that? You never played early Nintendo games...

2. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

This is actually a good idea. SMB, LL and SMBS all tied together in a great playthrough. That sounds fun :)

3. Chamomile

Chamomile Level 1: Goomba

I like the "Marathon Mode" idea, but it should go SMBS->SMB->LL, as SMBS is significantly easier when gameplay isn't being butchered by primitive hardware.

4. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Well there are 3 order methods for this
    SMBS-SMB-LL for difficulty
    SMB-LL-SMBS for how much the game is knowed
    SMB-SMBS-LL for release date
    I think you should choose the order of the level packs. You will have to go thru them all anyway :p

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'd thought about a mode where SMB leads into LL . . . I hadn't really considered SMBS, but I suppose I ought to.