Not a Bug Jason drives the Tetrimono?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Zunar, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

Apparently Jason drives not only Sophia III, but also the Tetrimono.
    [​IMG]

Dimpsy likes this.
  2. elim

elim Level 2: Koopa

Pretty sure this is intentional. You see a block-headed Jason hop out when you select the Tetris skin.

3. Zunar

I'm pretty sure it's not. It's one of those things about being a skin. For example, Quick Man dashes when you select him since he's a skin of Bass, but Quick Man can't dash.

4. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

He cant dash.

5. Zunar

That's what I said. You must've misread my post.

Although technically, Quick Man CAN dash if he has the Charge Kick equipped. But otherwise, he can't.

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This isn't a bug. At all. They can put in a unique name for each skin, so I don't see how this would be anything other than intentional.

Plus, the Tetris block headed version of Jason is still Jason. It's just a different helmet.

7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It's not so much a bug as it is an oversight. Sophia is set up differently because the character name differs from the "Thank you" name. It probably wouldn't be a difficult fix, but something could/should be set up to be able to change the name of the person riding the tank.

As a side note, "Tetrimono" is actually a typo, and we've corrected it to be "Tetromino." It's supposed to be like a domino, but with four instead of two.

8. Zunar

Even though it is just an oversight, I just thought I'd point it out.

And that's interesting about the name. That changes the name drastically. Tetromino kinda rolls off the tongue, where as Tetrimono doesn't really.

9. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This is really fascinating, but I really would like to stress that in this specific case it ought to be Jason cause he's just wearing a Tetris helmet.

10. sbq92

Oh yeah, that's fine. I have no idea who it would be otherwise anyway.

uglyrodent likes this.
  11. Night Girl

Night Girl Level 2: Koopa

omg I had a feeling this whole time that it was mispelled...!

btw it's awesome

Rey D, TheomanZero and MissingNo2 like this.
  12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'd been wondering about that for a while, actually . . .

13. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Also Sophia J7 still says Jason, and not Roddy.

14. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

(offtopic) No.. even with the Charge Kick equipped Quick Man cannot dash. It might look like he's dashing, but he's not. He's sliding.

Oddly ironic that Dr. Wily has a slide sprite but dashes.. and Quick Man has a dash sprite but slides. :) (/offtopic)

Faruga likes this.
  15. Zunar

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I haven't tried it yet so I wasn't quite sure.

16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Either leave the name out, or also call the pilot Tetromino. Problem solved.

17. sbq92

I've never actually tested whether Bass's Charge Kick gave him the lower hitbox for sliding under things, or if it just uses his dash. Whatever the Charge Kick does for Bass, it should do the same for Quick Man.

18. Zunar

That's why I assumed Quick Man dashes whenever he has the Charge Kick.

19. sbq92

I just tested the Charge Kick with Bass and with Quick Man, and with Bass it uses his dash, but with Quick Man it uses the lower slide. This will need to be fixed.

Also, this is very much not the place to talk about this. :p Does someone want to make a thread for this, just to keep track of the bug?

20. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Does it have to be a bug? It could be a feature. Since Quick Man can only Dash with a special weapon, he gets the better version with the lower hitbox.