Jay Talks Back - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Snover64

Snover64 Level 2: Koopa

I'm sorry, but you take way too long introducing the video series. A minute and a half of the video should not be used as an introduction, its just boring. Of course, the video itself needs some introduction, but you just dragged it out way to long, with few jokes put in to make it worthwhile. The only thing I was thinking was a plain "Get on with it", in the style of Monty Python, of course. So, in the future, I'd suggest you keep the long introduction in the video summery, and just be quick in the actual video.

Also, you said there was going to be humor, but the jokes in Part I were just too far placed between each other, it didn't really seem funny, and since you were only doing YouTube comments, not very entertaining for me, as I do not have an account there. I know you were trying to be helpful, but going into detail how to make a game was just honestly boring.

Part II and III were much better than part I, as they had much more jokes than the first one. I especially loved your rant on NeverNegitive, that was hilarious, but I do have a little peeve about the videos. You say "Uh" way too many times. It continuously, uh, slows down, uh, the, uh, point you, uh, are trying to, uh, make. Okay, that was an exaggeration, but the video is slowed down by your pauses, whether it is caused by "Uh"s or other things. Streamlining it is a very important thing in a video, see Nostalgia Critic, AVGN, or Linkara (All three talented reviewers, one movies, one games, one comic books, respectfully. I recommend all three of them to everyone, especially Linkara, whom is my favorite of the three, and I don't even read comic books.) for an example. The average video of the three of them is about 20 minutes, but yet they don't do anything unnecessary in their review at all. Imagine if they paused constantly or ramble on one thing for a while without even a single joke put in. They would be way into the 40s, at least, and wouldn't be entertaining. Just food for thought.

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I don't think the point was humor. There were some jokes, but they were just a by-product of the actual content.
    And none of this is scripted, so saying "uh" is just normal talking.

3. z0diak

z0diak Level 5: Spiny

A minute and a half intro to a 30 minute production? That's a fair amount of time.

Then why are you watching these videos? It's about him responding to his fans.
    I think if you aren't actually interested in Jay himself, the video isn't necessarily for you.

Like rodent pointed out, he isnt scripted.

I think you're missing the point of what Jay is actually trying to do with this video series, he isn't a reviewer, he's just a guy making a webcam video..

4. rednukleus

rednukleus Level 3: Paratroopa

Hey Jay Pavlina. I watched your first video. In the second video you mentioned AVGN, who I have never watched. I switched over to a video by him about NES glitches. I then became quite bored. I will watch the rest of your videos in the future. I hope you don't expect people on YouTube to behave in a generally civilized manner when they comment. I have no idea why but YouTube videos are always filled mostly with crude insults in the comments.

Oops. Well I tried.

5. this is because people on youtube are used to watching crap, horrible horrible horrible videos (memes and youtube poop) that when they reach quality, they actually have to think. and that ... fills them with rage. "I DON'T HAVE TO THINK WHEN I WATCH A CAT PLAY THE KEYBOARD! RAGE!" something like that. and when the videos have anything to do with video games. they attract kids who are around the age of 8 to 13, and it's at that age when you are in elementary grade school where people think it makes you cool to insult people. but I believe in what hero guy says.

6. SquiggyForever

SquiggyForever Level 13: ER Team

I like bubblegum!! But I hate the haters but love the players.

7. rednukleus

rednukleus Level 3: Paratroopa

Squiggy, can I get thumbs plz?

8. *gives thumbs down for asking for thumbs*

9. thecatreturns123

thecatreturns123 Level 9: Spike Top

I'm 14 and I like youtube poop.... And I don't use youtube to insult people... Your words I like knives, kyoo, tiny, painful word-knives in my heart. :cry:

So, Jay, where will you expecting comments from next?

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  10. *COUGH* look at the age in the quote COUGH*

11. lazerus

lazerus Level 3: Paratroopa

I liked it way to completely disregard the insults and point out how ridiculous it is typing something negative I look forward to more.

12. *gives you thumbs for the comment*

yes this is the best way I've ever seen anyone handle insults on youtube.... usually its something like this.

not that there is anything wrong with the above video. it was fun.
    but Jay Pavlina has more class :D and I respect that

13. Invertin

Invertin Level 3: Paratroopa

I think you are one of the few people who can say "I need the money to entertain you, not for my own purposes" and seem genuinely sincere. If it was anyone else, I'd be saying "bullshit you just want money", but you're such a strangely nice guy. It's very weird to see someone like that on the internet. I am not used to genuine politeness.

14. KawaiiMelon

KawaiiMelon Level 3: Paratroopa

I love the way Jay says "damn,this dude is old"

"Damn, THIS dude is OLD!"

15. I love how he says everything. he has a nice voice, very easy to listen too. really clear and defined

hey has a voice in his mind. and he makes me hear that same voice in my mind.

16. lazerus

lazerus Level 3: Paratroopa

i also enjoyed when he pointed out nevernegative's name was a lie.

17. Dungbeetle

Dungbeetle Level 1: Goomba

Sorry to place this here and sorry if this has been asked already...but......

Jay, are you only making "real video's" or are you making animations as well?
    I'm thinking of an animation starring a certain highly combustious rodent;)

18. i like how chill jay is.

19. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Hey this was my first time watching a video of Jay and these may be the only type of videos by Jay I'll watch. But he seems to be really cool in real life. I do consider myself a blunt ass hole so I guess I'll say it like this.

Jay I guess you are like a lot of people who think that remarks towards certain groups of people can be ultra hurtful. I myself try not to let it bother me I learned the hard way growing up. People made fun of my dead relatives which hurt me at the time more than anything. I could have just been like a lot of people told me sticks and stones but I didn't I let it bother me and retaliated in different ways sometimes in the same way you did with the homosexual and Jewish remarks. No matter what I usually got in trouble whether or not it was peaceful or violent.

Of course as anyone who has payed attention to my posts I'm a Southern Baptist closet case transgender. I know that it contradicts I've made wonderful friends at church but my sexuality is taboo and secret for the most part. I don't know if or when I will leave or not. Because my church is in a rut and may die out and I can leave on a bitter sweet mark or I may have to leave on a bad mark eventually most likely after my mom passes which I may be 40 something by then. My best friend who accept me for who I am. Calls me derogatory names preferring to both my faith in God and sexual preferences. But this part has gone on too much if you want I can delete or move most of it cause it started a post on your video.

But mainly I was wondering when you are doing another video like this and how can I place a question for the video or if it's randomly done I guess I'm just out of luck. Well thanks for the game and this particular video. I hope I didn't say anything too wrong in this post or bother too much with off topic blabber. I appreciate all the work you do on this game even small updates. Oh and if no ones told you yet I think the next update if you add a new character should be 1.2.1 I guess. And last but not least Downward Thrust Forever Mother Fucker.:D

20. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Episode 2?