Jay Talks Back - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I am waiting for the next hilarious video. I might be the only one who almost literally ROFL'ed on this. Especially when Jay read the comment, "The creator looks like a fag, but I'm a game maker too, so HA!" Then he made a face like WTF? And it almost sent me to the floor

2. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

That quote was funny, I rolled laughing, too!

3. FrozenShade

FrozenShade Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I think the videos are great - It's always insightful to see that developers have feelings too.
    A suggestion you don't have to take: Background music. I realize the purpose of the video, and you have a cool accent and demeanor, but it's still a little too quiet. Other than that, the graphics are great - it keeps attention.

I know I'm late on this but I've been pretty busy as of late!

4. c2456

c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

Awesome video. I love hearing what people have to say.

5. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

For people that are wondering, I plan on doing a second video in February. I plan on doing more videos starting then because I recently bought some filmmaking equipment and I'm itching to use it.

6. I can't wait!

7. Please

A second Jay Talks Back video! YIPPEY!

8. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

That sounds super awesome and great!!! Can't wait for the sequel to Jay talks back.

9. FrozenShade

I'd love to know what kind of filmmaking equipment you've acquired! ^.^

10. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Very low budget equipment but highly effective for the price: Mainly an HD camcorder, shotgun mic, and lights. The prices of this stuff is ridiculous compared to what it used to be!

And when I get back I'm going to build a computer because my current computer can't even dream of playing back the footage from the camera. I'm also gonna get a few more lights because the ones I have aren't bright enough.

I'm very strongly considering making some game development tutorials and possibly even some filmmaking tutorials if people are interested. And of course I want to do some comedy stuff.

Now that I have an audience and the ability to create videos again, the possibilities are endless.

11. Please

If you make those tutorials you should add a hint of "Exploding Rabbit" and make them upbeat and fun. Just act like yourself, but still try to teach. Do you get what I'm saying? That way they'll be entertaining to people that don't care about making a game, but still informative for people that want that.

12. FrozenShade

I know what you mean! I do video as well but have prioritized my photography as of late - just got budget lights, backdrop and a new lens - stuff that is just enough for what I need.
    I still do video stuff, but I need an audio mixer for multiple inputs - I kinda want to make some commentary/review-like videos sometime in the future. Editing with Sony Vegas, which I would lightly say it's Pc's user friendly Final Cut :p
    I'm a nerd for these things, which is wy I was interested in knowing what you picked up :p
    Bhphotovideo.com is where I get most of my stuff :)

13. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

That's pretty awesome! I plan on acquiring film equipment sometime in my future. I love filmmaking and having not done any projects in the past six months has really made me miss it.

I'm excited to see your projects!

14. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

I'd definitely be interested in some game design tutorials.

I know a bit of programming already but only the basics of like 6 different languages, not really enough to do much with any of them.

15. thecatreturns123

thecatreturns123 Level 9: Spike Top

:0 Like a a year on and I finally realise.! AND I'm 15 now anyway. So sorry man! Is it finally all good between us?