Implemented Keep certain upgrades after taking damage

Discussion in 'Features' started by TheomanZero, Feb 11, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

ಠ_ಠ

2. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

You look like you could use some eyedrops >.>

But yeah, the only time in the entire series that the knife even approached being a decent weapon was in Circle of the Moon when you did the Pluto + Black Dog combo.

3. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Maybe, when you'd lost all your upgrades for some reason, a Fire Flower showed up as the next power-up NO MATTER WHAT so you wouldn't have to gather all your stuff again NO MATTER WHAT.

Because it seems to be random at the moment, and that's just annoying.

I imagine that it would first be when you use a continue that your items were gone for good.

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'm pretty sure that how the Fire Flower works is that if you take damage, but don't die, the next item (after the Mushroom) will be a Fire Flower. Once you die, you have to start your collection over.
    Maybe Fire Flowers could appear after you die on the lower difficulties or something?
    The purpose of the Knife is to be better than nothing. If you don't have a sub-weapon yet, it's kind of nice to get one. Otherwise . . . bluh.

5. Scorpion42

No no, I'm certain that I've gotten one after dying. And I'm certain that they don't always show up.

6. TheomanZero

Well, that might be a bug. If you can get more details, you should report it.

7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

They aren't supposed to appear after dying. I'm quite certain Zach told me they don't appear after you die. So yeah, if this happened, it was a bug.

Also, if you get hit, get a Mushroom, then get hit again, then get another Mushroom, the next box won't have a Flower in it, because the second time you got hit reset the "items you have" check.

ThomasMink likes this.
  8. Scorpion42

Well in that case the system is too harsh and unforgiving IMO.

ThomasMink likes this.
  9. TheomanZero

I suppose . . . maybe change it so that that if you get a Mushroom, lose it, and then get another Mushroom, the Fire Flower does appear? So you don't lose those power-ups until you die?
    And maybe on Very Easy and Easy, Fire Flowers show up when you die and only stop when you Continue?

10. Kayube

Kayube Level 1: Goomba

Having the non-Mario Bros. characters lose lots of stuff when they die makes it feel like the Mario Bros. have an advantage, since they don't lose as much when they die. I guess it's supposed to be balanced out by the advantage the other characters have in getting those items in the first place, but...

11. TheomanZero

I'm pretty sure the Mario Bros. are supposed to have an advantage. It gives you reason to play as them when there are all these other new characters.