Request Kirby Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by aliceandsven, Mar 23, 2011.

1. powergo

powergo Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I dont think that woube good, since kirby can swalow spiky eniemys anyway(spineys) and being able to swollow a spike top would mean you could swollow buzzy beatle.
    number one was to give GREEN kopas nothing, but still give red kopas stone or wheel ( like waddle dees and waddle doos)

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"many charicters have atacks that can easaly bypass the hammer bros, like bill, samus, and megaman. you have to be close to swollow a hammer bro."

Ok, that's a good point!

"The whole reason I think spark should go is, like you said, that it is a clone of spike."

Another good point.

Cupid was not featured in Kirby until the Game Boy Advance.

My thought for Spike Tops is that Kirby can't actually get them in his mouth, if he tries to suck them in, they damage Kirby and remain in the level.

By the way, please edit your first post if you have more stuff you want to add :D

3. powergo

Sorry about that other post, but I went to the second page to see if you replied. but I deleted it as fast as possable.
    also, I think tornado might be good... but what about bomb?
    I have actuly only played the first one once, so I dont think bomb is in there, though.
    EDIT: wait, how did they combide?
    Edit again: How would they damage you if you dont swolow them? would there spike come off or somthing?

oh, and I knew how to edit from day one. I have not beet a newbie in 10 minutes.

4. aliceandsven

Kirby tries to inhale the spike top, but it pokes him when it reaches him and damages him.

5. powergo

That just means if you try to inhale it, It wont work and it will keep walkind and touch you - or it means that the spike top is drawn twords you and smack you in the face. But I prefur the first one
    Anyway, how do you feel about the red/green kopah thing? do you think only red should have power-ups or should they both ave difrant power ups? I am tempted to sugjest beam since it is the first and most basic power in ALL kirby games

6. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

[​IMG]

7. powergo

:)
    nothing more to say

Also, for people who think kirby would be overpowerd, a lost power would not be retriveable since you wold turn back to gray kirby, kirby would have limited fly, and most of kirbys powers have annoying things that limit their power.;)

8. aliceandsven

I would say both should give you a power if koopas offer a power at all. But if they give you a power I think it should be something that functions like Wheel, as I have said. Getting Beam from a turtle makes no sense, either.

9. powergo

I know, I said I was tempted.
    But what I was asking was should they give you the same power? I was tinking red shell might give you burning/wheel and green shell would give you rock/wheel.
    The reason I dont think poobados are a good idea is becouse the are hazards, not eneimys

10. aliceandsven

Could someone assist in suggesting music for Kirby in SMBC? I put a couple down to start off but I'm not sure about the rest.

Also, what if Kirby got the Star Rod for swallowing a starman instead of touching it?

11. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

hows about the music that starts at 2:18 on the video below for night levels? or it could be used for underwater levels.

and the music that starts at 3:55 could be used for the credits. and i think the swallowing the starman to get a star rod is a good idea. I support kirby being in this game 100%

12. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

13. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Wasn't there a Cupid ability? Paratroopa should do that.

14. bnjay29

There is, but that ability didn't come out until the gameboy advance era of games. Since we are trying to draw ideas from the 8-bit games, some would say that is ruled out.

15. aliceandsven

Including Cupid would require a heavy amount of custom work (there are no 8bit cupid sprites).

16. powergo

I agree.
    Personaly, though, I dont think poobadoos should be able to be sucked in.
    Thats why I sugested burning for red kopa.
    I have no Idea 4 music thouh.

17. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

"Poobadoos"? OK, serious, I'd like to swallow it. Because I hate those Podoboos.
    I think that there's no sense in relate the red koopa with fire, I don't know why this happens in SMW. Just because it's red it doesn't means that it has fire powers. I've never saw a red koopa with fire powers, so this is, for me, something nonsense. But it's just my opinion. Yeah, there's in SMW, but I think, if it still up to be made, let's make it by the right way!

18. powergo

but poobadoos are a hazard, not an enemy. kind of like how you cant swallow spikes or gordos.
    ps: Is there a 8-bit tornado? because that might work for paratropas

19. bnjay29

20. powergo

I just think that latu is a perfect mini-boss for Kirby, because he throws inhale-able enemys, so maybe kirby cant swollow latu unless he kills him first?

But then you would need to program latu falling and dying on the ground.