Request Kirby Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by aliceandsven, Mar 23, 2011.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Ok, let's get the thread back on track. :dtmf:

Dochobin likes this.
  2. Dochobin

Dochobin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Would Kirby's powers be based on the enemy he swallows, or would they be from Kirby games?
    This is coming from someone who never played a Kirby game, but I think it would be neat if swallowing a koopa led to a shell power ala Shell Mario from New Super Mario Bros.

3. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Kirby should be faithful to his games, apart for necessary adaptations, like every other character on SMBC.

huang17 likes this.
  4. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

We had this talk a long pages ago, maybe you will find it in the first pages. Someone made a full list, I don't remember who but I think it's there. It could be added the powers from his games that fit more with the enemies.

5. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

So... I was just wondering...
    a.jpg
    If the answer is yes, then KIRBYS OVER EVERYONE!!!

6. TiagoDu

Some quality control will be needed, though, or SMBC will turn into MKF in no time.

7. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

This is a great idea, except, Kirby doesn't exactly fill all of the hit boxes, so maybe some of them could be Kirby riding his friends, like Rick and Coo and Kine. I've seen one Kirby skin of Mario and Luigi, where Kirby was small mario/Luigi, and Kirby on Rick and Coo were large Mario and Luigi.

8. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

This is already being done in case you were living under a rock.

Pappyshacks likes this.
  9. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

i want kirby so bad.

what? you want ideas? *runs for the hills*

10. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Indeed.

11. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

So what's the general consensus? Would Kirby only get abilities from enemies or from powerups, or a combination of both ideas?

12. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

That's a great idea! Kirby could get Super Mario related abilities from enemies like Lakitu or Hammer Bros, and get Kirby related abilities from power ups.

13. YetiPlays

YetiPlays Level 0: Newbie

I imagine this has already been said, but what about adapting Kirby's Abilities to his New Surroundings, for Example you Shell Ability you talked about before.

Here are my Ideas:
    Hammer Bros = Hammer Throwing, rather than Getting a Kirby Hammer.
    ... I had more but I blanked...

Do you like that Idea?

I personally would prefer Kirby to stay to his Roots, but I'm just try to Spark Discussion.

14. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

It's hard to try anything anymore because Kirby has been exhaustively discussed for the past few years and we still haven't come to a logical conclusion other than having Kirby as a console :p

Nat, MissingNo2 and Faruga like this.
  15. MissingNo2

Actually we've come to several logical conclusions, it's just that at least one person tends to disagree on each one and it becomes a mess afterwards.

Omicron, Mitewing and Nat like this.
  16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I still like my two ideas. Canonical copy abilities from select Mario enemies and abilities from the other characters that are also similar to canonical Kirby abilities from other games.

17. MissingNo2

I'm still on the idea of enemy powerups appearing from item blocks.

Mitewing likes this.
  18. TiagoDu

Maybe an hybrid idea? Kirby abilities that analog to Mario enemies can be copied by swallowing them (Hammer, for example). The ones who can't (Cutter and Sword, for example) can be copied from power-ups.

How about that? :)

MissingNo2 likes this.
  19. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

Actually, the cutter could be obtained from the Sidestepper...

Mitewing likes this.
  20. TiagoDu

But then it could only be obtained on Special...
    What about the SMB Maps?

MissingNo2 likes this.