Request Kirby Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by aliceandsven, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I really want Kirby but it seems no one has him figured out to properly work in SMBC. It's like he would be too overpowered or boring. Ugh!

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The problem with Kirby is deciding how his copy abilities will work. They either need to match up existing ones with Mario's enemies, which is very difficult or create new ones for Mario's enemies, which would be like creating a brand new character.

3. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I still say Kirby enemies should appear out of blocks like megamans power ups, but they don't move like in those museum places in Kirby's adventure where you could go for free abilities.

aliceandsven and uglyrodent like this.
  4. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I think Kirby should get abilities from everything but Goombas.

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"I still say Kirby enemies should appear out of blocks like megamans power ups, but they don't move like in those museum places in Kirby's adventure where you could go for free abilities."

OMG this is brilliant...

This would avoid the need to custom-craft powerups, and it would make sense now that we know what 2.0 is like.

Sadly it would still probably be too much work... we'll never see Kirby ;_;

silentshadowxp and uglyrodent like this.
  6. silentshadowxp

Don't be so pessimistic! Of course he'll make it! *thinks positive thoughts*

7. mitsymckenzie777

I don't think anything would have to be custom-craft. Goomba=none Koopa= none Flower=Fire
    Parakoopa=Parasol Lakatu=Tornado Spinies=Needle Buzzy Beetle=Stone Hemmer Brothers= Hammer
    Bowsers fireball=Fire
    If Super Mario Bros. Special is added Icicle=Ice/freeze Sidesteppers=Cutter Barrel=none Hammer power up=Hammer
    Fighter Flies=High Jump Fire=Fireball

If these powers make the game too easy Kirby could be the first unlockable character.

8. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Pessimism comes naturally to misanthropists.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  9. silentshadowxp

The power up system is completely changed though, everyone has their own power ups in 2.0

And I honestly don't think it's that hard to make Kirby not be overpowered. Just nerf his flight to smash bros status (maybe even as few jumps as 3 or make his jumps short) and don't make all enemies inhalable.

10. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Some remarks around Kirby:

Mario enemies aren't made to be ability-centric. Kirby enemies are. Skins would work but what if you wants to play with another skin? Also remember that Kirby can't swallow underwater, so bloopers can't be swallowed.
    Mario levels aren't also ability-centric. In Kirby, you would have a cleverly placed enemy with an ability you need for the next section. In Mario, enemy placement are mostly for challenge.
    With the new 2.0 Power-ups, kirby would simply get abilities from enemies that pop from blocks. This way more abilities can be added and it would be way easier to make Kirby into SMBC.

11. silentshadowxp

May I also add to my previous comment that he should only be allowed to have one ability at a time. If he wants to suck up enemies or have a new ability, he should have to get rid of his current ability.

12. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Kirby's powers don't change his appearance, but give him a new hat. If you remove the color changing (which wasn't in the NES one anyway to my recollection) then skins are no problem as it will just add a new sprite of a hat overlapping the player. Kirby can NOT swallow underwater, but he can spit a jet of water. Keep in mind, the aquatic enemies in Kirby are designed with the knowledge that you can't really eat them anyway, so there would be no loss there.As for the placements, that only relates to puzzles, not the action of the game, so that problem is also circumvented.

13. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Isn't it obvious? Kirby could NEVER carry more than one ability at a time (Excluding MilkyWay Wishes, from KSS). It's not now that it could.

I wasn't talking about the changing kirby apearance, i was talking about ENEMY skins. Mario enemies dosen't have an obvious ability set to each one, so it would be difficult to tell, like, what a goomba would give.
    I don't think Kirby would work on SMBC, really, despite i really want it in. Most of the characters on SMBC gain abilities from items scattered on the stage (MegaMan is an exception, as it gains abilities from enemies, but just bosses) and not from enemies like Kirby does, so making abilities go on as power-up pickups would be a way to add abilities that can't seem to fit any of the enemies, like Sword or Cutter

uglyrodent likes this.
  14. Infinity

Infinity Level 0: Newbie

In the case these exist in the end,
    Green Shell could be a a shell rotated so the 'top' always faces you, and be able to 'climb' unbreakable features in the world(pipes, brown x blocks, ect.).
    Red Shell could be normal, jump, and never go off edges unless in midair.

Perhaps Kirby's not in SMBC because he would be too overpowered, so that's important.

15. mitsymckenzie777

I don't think he would be boring if overpowered. But if he was as I suggested the first hidden SMBC character for like doing something big in the game example beating the game on extreme mode with Mario or Luigi. I think it would be well worth it and challenging!!!

16. Infinity

Infinity Level 0: Newbie

Then again, SOPHIA's overpowered, but not boring.

17. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Not anymore with the new update.

18. pote

pote Level 1: Goomba

a fact is that master hand and crazy hand appeared in kirby amazing mirror

19. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Another fact is that Dedede appeared in Kirby's Dreamland 2.

20. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

only master hand did