Kirby Skins Project!

Discussion in 'Skins' started by silentshadowxp, Aug 18, 2013.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think you'd be better off using the GBA Kirby games, as the sprites are smaller and cleaner (except for Dedede, who is actually even bigger on the GBA).

2. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Maybe the Super Star Ultra DS sprites. They're the same style but smaller, right?

Other than that, AWESOME!

3. TheomanZero

Actually, I'm pretty sure the SSU sprites are the same size as the original Super Star sprites. They're the same style as the GBA sprites, but bigger.

4. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

I think the 8-bit enemies' sprites fit the game much better.

5. TiagoDu

This is relative. 8-bit skins for with other 8-bit skins. The same with 16-bit and GB skins. I do agree KSS sprites barely fit on the sheet, but we have GBA sprites to use as 16-bit too. :)

TheomanZero likes this.
  6. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

There's also another option, to 16-bit the 8-bit sprites in the style of the game we're trying to represent.

7. TiagoDu

Or try to manually downsize the KSS sprites. Your choice. :)

8. TheomanZero

What about Kirby's Dream Land 3? That has small SNES sprites. It uses colored outlines, which might be a stylistic problem, but you could just recolor them black.
    I still think the GBA sprites are the best option, though.

9. TiagoDu

Why not use KDL3's outlines with KSS shading?

10. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Who said we couldn't make a KDL3 AND a Kirby GBA skin set?

11. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

12. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Remember though, if you make a 16-bit skin of enemies, you also have to make a map, theme and interface skin to go along with it. An enemy skin can't make it into the game without those.

MissingNo2 and Mitewing like this.
  13. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Double post for new(ish) content!
    Kirby Interface.png

The logo is now finished, thanks to the help of Scorpion42! I will update the second post in the thread with this, as well as the wiki!

I will also update the main post with the Ryu skin! And with that, all we need now is a Samus skin!

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  14. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Great job on the project. I've been following this closely. Hope to see GB and SNES skins created as well. Although it's unlikely Kirby, Pit, and other popular characters may not be added as separate characters, the Map skins alone would be enough to enjoy the art styles and music from various games. Keep it up everyone!

luigiman64 and TiagoDu like this.
  15. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Did some stuff.

I went back and standardized the portrait, Toad, and Peach to the most commonly used ones. I also finished the Ryu skin.
    Kirby - Bass.png Kirby - Bill.png Kirby - Link.PNG Kirby - MegaMan.png Kirby - Ryu.png Kirby - Simon.PNG Kirby - Sophia.PNG
    Soonish I'm also gonna work on the Mario and Luigi ones so they use NES style graphics (I'm not gonne redo them, just reshade them basically).

We don't have to use these ones or anything, just thought it would give the project a little more cohesion.

luigiman64 and Mitewing like this.
  16. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

There's one more option.
    [​IMG]
    Using these sprites from Kirby's Avalanche.

17. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

If you really look at them you'll notice they're basically Super Star (?) sprites with shitty downscaling.

Faruga and pikafan8 like this.
  18. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

I see KA sprites with KSS shading.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    MissingNo2 and Faruga like this.
  19. statoshi

statoshi Level 2: Koopa

wait how do you gwt kirby to play as i did'nt know he was out

20. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

there's never actually been a kirby skin on SMBC. Shame too, the most requested SMBC character and they never even make him a skin. There's no sonic boll thing to bail us out this time either, so all we can do is dream of what it'd be like. :cry: