Verifying Lag just before credits

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by TheomanZero, Jan 14, 2013.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I have a good gaming PC, so I can generally play games with all the fancy graphics settings turned on without problems. In v2.0 SMBC lagged for me whenever I played with 16-bit music (as it did for everyone), but as of v2.1 I never suffer any lag in SMBC . . . with one exception.

Right after the game displays the "THANK YOU (character) YOUR QUEST IS OVER" message and before the credits start rolling, there is a very noticeable pause that lasts about a second, with the credits music that has just started cutting off abruptly and nothing moving. This never happened to me on any previous version of SMBC, but it happens now no matter what bittage I play at.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Like I said, it only happens at this one very specific spot, so hopefully the cause won't be too hard to track down.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Sounds like lag indeed. Did you try recording it?

3. TheomanZero

I don't have recording software.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Get one?

5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This happens to me, too. I don't know exactly what causes it, but it may be because it needs to load both the credits music and the credits themselves. There are a lot more names in the credits than there were before.

6. TheomanZero

Aggh! I'm partly responsible!

And I was so proud to see my name in the credits . . . if only I'd known the cost.

. . . Anyway, back on topic, this happens to me and sbq92, but judging by your responses, it doesn't happen to you, Rey D. Should we compare OSes, browsers, and possibly specs to see whom this affects? As for me:

Browser: Chrome
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB