Request Lemeza Kosugi from La-Mulana

Discussion in 'Characters' started by GrandCrystalStar, Apr 15, 2012.

1. GrandCrystalStar

GrandCrystalStar Level 0: Newbie

If you've played the 2005 PC title "La-Mulana", then you should know that Lemeza Kosugi is the main protagonist in the game. I suppose I'll go ahead and list off his weapons, features, armor and such. (I'm going to be listing off features from the PC version, not the Wiiware version.)
    • Whip: Lemeza's primary weapon. It is weak but can attack either to the left or right of Lemeza. It can be upgraded twice into the Chain Whip and the Mace.
    • Keyblade: Similar to the Whip, the Keyblade has a bit more horizontal range than the Whip, but is not as powerful.
    • Axe: The Axe is powerful, but it is also slow and can only attack enemies in a quarter-circle in front of and above Lemeza.
    • Katana: The Katana can strike enemies both below and in front of Lemeza and is almost as strong as the Mace.
    Lemeza also acquires a number of sub-weapons throughout the game as well.
    • Shiruken: A basic throwing weapon, the Shiruken moves forward without influence by gravity. It is not very strong and will usually take around three or four to kill an enemy. Up to four can be on screen at once.
    • Throwing Sword: Throwing Swords are slightly more powerful than Shirukens. They do not vanish after striking an enemy, but can only travel along the ground and cannot travel uphill.
    • Spear: The Spear is more powerful than the Shiruken and travels straight downward while passing through obstacles.
    • Flare Gun: Similar to the Spear, the flares fired by the Flare Gun travel upward instead of downward and can pass through obstacles.
    • Bomb: Bombs are lobbed forward and deal large amounts of damage throughout a small area, but also bounce several times and can damage Lemeza as well.
    • Pistol: Pistol shots travel straight forward, much like the Shiruken, but cause massive damage; however, the Pistol requires Ammunition to be able to fire.
    Now that all of that is out of the way, here's what his items would be:
    • Whip: Upgrades to the Whip would be found inside of blocks, progressing from the Whip to the Chain Whip, and from the Chain Whip to the Mace.
    • Shiruken: Only up to four would be allowed on screen, and would take two Shirukens to kill an enemy. It would require you to pick up extra Shirukens for ammunition. Kill enemies to get back more Shirukens.
    • Spear: Only one would be allowed on screen and would require you to pick up more Spears for ammo. Enemies would drop ammo.
    • Bomb: The Bomb would be the least common item found and would require more ammo. Ammo refills would be more common, as they would be dropped by regular enemies.
    Controls for Lemeza:

Jump: Double Jump. Press Jump while in the air to jump a second time.
    Attack: Use/attack with Whip/Chain Whip/Mace.
    Select: Cycle through sub-weapons.
    Special: Throw/attack with sub-weapon.

Well, that's about it for my spiel. What do you think of this idea?

2. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

Why limit yourself to four weapons? Have the whole damn arsenal.

3. GrandCrystalStar

GrandCrystalStar Level 0: Newbie

I didn't feel it very fair to make Lemeza super-overpowered. Most of his weapons are strong and don't have very big disadvantages(that and some of them would be completely useless), so I picked four of them.

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Then why the Keyblade? That one's only useful in specific situations that wouldn't come up in SMBC.

5. Lilfut

I think you're reading the wrong section, Theologian.

6. TheomanZero

. . . What?

7. Lilfut

You were reading the list of his four main weapons in La-Mulana. His ideas for SMBC are right above the controls.

8. TheomanZero

Oh . . .
    Well in that case he forgot the Knife.
    Anyway, I think he could have more than three sub-weapons. Most characters do.

9. Lilfut

Flare Gun would be worth adding.