Let Fate Decide Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by CHAOS_FANTAZY, Dec 19, 2010.

1. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

This is just a simple little thing I made up, more for entertainment than for challenging the player. This'll be good for newcomers, but it may be better to be a veteran, because you need to know who has what music. And that's become a lot more difficult, now that this game has so many songs.

RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
    > Must be playing on Normal and up
    > Music must be turned on
    > "Music Set" must be on Random
    > A uniform Music Console is optional, but highly recommended
    > Game Type must be "All Characters"

For the first level, the character you choose must be Random. You play as normal until one of two things happen, dying or completing the level. In the event that you die, one must play as the character whose song was playing RIGHT BEFORE death--not the death jingle itself, that'll always be the same. Upon completing the level, play as the character whose Level Complete song played for the next level.

Example. I begin playing, game gives me Link for Random. I cruise through the level, and Mega Man's level complete song plays. I play as Mega Man for World 1-2, and hear Mario's Underground theme before dying. I must continue that level as Mario, and so on.

I myself have tried this challenge, but only in combination with the Hammer Bro. Challenge, so I've only reached World 2-2. How far can you guys make it?

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

That is awesome! I'll have to try it

3. phurgawtin

phurgawtin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

when you get a star, after its song is over, the level theme randomly selects a different character's music. Wat do?

or for that matter, after leaving a coin heaven, tunnel, etc.

4. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Just like I said--the LAST song you hear before death, or the level complete theme. If Mega Man's Star music plays, then Ryu's Overworld theme plays afterwards, then you die. You'd have to play as Ryu. Sorry, I tried to write it out simply...

5. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

I made it to world 5-3 in a single try. In the last life, I was with 95 coins! But the damn pit gave me a game over.
    Because of Mario I lost many lives (world 3-4 and 5-2).

6. CHAOS_FANTAZY

That's just what makes the challenge interesting! In one way, it's easier than Random Character Mode, because you know who you're going to be. On the other hand, it could make the player frustrated. "Ugh, I have to be Mario?"

7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I tried this out and really enjoyed it! There were a couple of times where I wasn't entirely paying attention to the victory music and had to guess who to be based on what I thought I heard, and a couple of other times I wasn't sure whose victory music it was. :p I do enjoy the format. It's quite fun, and it forces you to play as characters you might not use otherwise.

8. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Sounds like this might be a good candidate for a future game mode, where it automatically selects the appropriate character for you, perhaps available through a cheat.

9. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

When I was going to try I was afraid that I could don't recognize the song. But then I played and saw that I knew them all.

10. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Challenge completed! I really enjoyed it, and this mode is definitely added to the roster for modes of play.

I'd like to say that nothing is more epic than Simon Belmont strutting his stuff to the Blaster Master main theme. :p

Also, the different music that plays as you go in different pipes in 8-4 gives the final level an interesting atmosphere.

11. Chaos James

Chaos James Level 2: Koopa

I got to 6-1 before running out of lives. I blame Sophia and Simon for dying to Lakuti.

Its fun though, it would be great as an automated mode which selects it based on the last song.

12. Dr.Nope

Dr.Nope Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

What the hell are you people talking about!!! I can't find the challenge!!! WHAT IS IT!!!???

Edit: I just found the guy who started this thread when I posted this replay ^ heh heh heh,sorry y'all about that...Fun challenge by the way.Started out with Simon with Samus's music and Bill's star power music.

13. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

alright another challenge woohoo!

14. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Bumping this so it can be moved to the Challenge sub-forum.
    ...What? I thought this challenge was fun!

sbq92 likes this.
  15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Interesting. But needs some update to fit the new music settings. :)

CHAOS_FANTAZY likes this.
  16. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Oh, crumbs, I totally forgot!
    Made a couple additions to the rules.

17. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You can't here Mega Man's level complete theme with Link any more.

18. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

All it's giving me is Mario series game music when I play as Luigi. I think something is fucked up.

edit: Nope, all it gives me is Mario series music, period. Something's broken. I have music set and character on Random. It isn't very random.

19. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

I made it to 7-4. Can I have a cookie?

20. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

True. You can only tell which it is when you hear Gimmick! music or SMB2 music.