Let's Play Super Mario Bros. Crossover with Jay

Jay plays Super Mario Bros. Crossover while acting crazy.

1. J Squared

J Squared Level 7: Bloober

Super Mario Bros. Crossover – Playing My Own Game #4

I'm personally partial to, "I gotta be Ryu Hayabusa. I mean, he's a ninja."

This argument beats all other arguments, and is how I'm going to advocate for political positions in the future. I'll show up to an anti-abortion rally in a ninja suit, and be like, "You gotta chill, people. I mean, I'm a ninja." Then everyone will just listen to me, because I'm a ninja.

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Simon is dangerous regardless :cool:

I have a question though. I always pronounced Lakitu "Lah-kit-too", but Jay says "Lah-kee-doo". Does anyone know which is more accurate? I really do care about this sort of thing.

3. Tid

Tid Level 3: Paratroopa

I don't think I'm ever gonna get over:
    "I'm awesome, touch me."

4. J Squared

In my estimation, , i.e., it's most accurate to say "lah-key-two." In the linked video, Bowser says "lah-key-two" several times, so it's not a one-off. The link links to the same YouTube video as the one embedded below, but auto-skips to an example pronunciation at 1:00.

I like the lah-key-two pronunciation because he's like two lackeys (to Bowser) — both of the Lakitu and Spiny species. I don't feel it really matters how Jay pronounces the name of a character in a video game.

Hope this helps.

5. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

lol at this:

6. Lyokowarirtitan

Lyokowarirtitan Level 0: Newbie

This is something I noticed when I played the first version of the game. Why does lakitu re-spawn so fast? If I remember from the original game it took almost 3 times as long to spawn, I thought. I am posting it here because the video has the perfect example.

7. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

I liked the little miniature lesson about vengeance. It's interesting when you consider that it could be argued that every character who appears in SMBC has a storyline in their original game which works towards vengeance in some form. At least, I think so. I dunno if there was a real story behind the original Contra outside of WHAT'S THAT KILL IT.

8. lazerus

lazerus Level 3: Paratroopa

im not 100% but im pretty sure this is the first time you have died in any of the playthroughs

also i lol'd at "and to all those who dont like my commentary FUCK YOU, but i respect your opinion.

9. Koari

Koari Level 7: Bloober

http://i30.tinypic.com/1z3q6gp.jpg

He died in #3

10. repairmanman

repairmanman Level 5: Spiny

I hope Jay doesn't start churning out catch-prashes following the current trend i.e. DOWNWARD THRUST MOTHERF***ER and now SHURIKEN MOTHERF***ER.
    Diversity is always the way to go.

11. z0diak

z0diak Level 5: Spiny

Personally, I just like the normal chatter that goes with the video.
    I wouldn't mind if he just acted 'normally' (whatever that really means) during a game, although I suppose people watch these videos to see the crazy antics jay is expected to display.

12. J Squared

I personally like "Downward thrust, motherfucker!" the best. I don't think he'll be able to top it, although I feel a lot of the stuff he says is funny and adds to the game experience.

Maybe this is normal for him? I act pretty similarly when I play games with friends. I alternate between 1) descriptive explanations of the game world and 2) colorful language with which I triumphantly express victory. It makes the game more fun for me to play as it's a new dimension on which I can interact with it, and it makes the game more fun for others to watch, as it adds to the game a new layer of experience.

13. repairmanman

I too loved DWTMF but shuriken motherf***er was meh, it felt like he was trying too hard.
    i was just saying that i don't want him to just start spewing out "X MOTHERF***ER"s. (where X is an action)

14. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Don't worry I'm not a catch-phrase type person. I don't like repeating things and I like to keep everything fresh. I say downward thrust motherfucker in many of my videos because people like when I say it and it's fun to say. But it's also fun to say any attack in a game and add motherfucker after it.

Hodouken motherfucker!

15. repairmanman

We can swear on this forum?
    also ?, ?, ?, punch. HADOUKEN

16. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

WE SWEAR ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

17. J Squared

I propose that Jay should say "Motherfucker, motherfucker!" in his next video as a friendly jab.

18. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

Talk like a sailor, act like a gentleman. That's pretty much us.

Omicron likes this.
  19. z0diak

z0diak Level 5: Spiny

Well, he did mention in his talks back that this is actually how he plays his games.
    My point was that I hope he doesn't feel the need to force any kind of speech or attitude, but as I said, it is primarily what people expect when they watch this series. It's not exactly a let's play.

20. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Well, it's hard to say how I play games normally because every game is different and it depends on the mood I'm in when I play. But this is how I play games when I'm in "intense mode". Or it's how I play when a game is pissing me off. But it's sort of exaggerated... but not really. I don't really know how to explain it. But my goal is to entertain people so I'm sure that is affecting the way I'm acting somehow. But it's totally unscripted and I just let things fly out of my mouth so it sort of has to be the way I play normally or else it would look fake or would be boring to watch.

Also, it's not just the way I play games. It's how I act when I get into a very intense mood or in a very silly mood. When I get in that mood, I will curse at anything that is not cooperating with me. But I'm not really mad. I entertain myself by yelling at things. It's a very creative process. But I will never yell at a person unless they're in on the joke with me. I'm a pretty soft spoken person most of the time.