Let's Play The Tale Of Elementia - Part 17

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Ganymede, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

This thread is for discussion of the article located here!

Well, the best and worst of it are behind us! All in all, I think it's safe to say Jay's first LP was a smash hit! This of course begs the question...

What should he play next?

(Make sure to discuss the video too! ;P)

supermarioadrian likes this.
  2. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

I'm sad it's over! But I am excited to see what he does decide to play next. I have no real ideas, but I wouldn't mind seeing more hacks. Really, just watching Jay play anything is awesome and hilarious. He could literally make staring at a blank wall look like a fun time.

As for the video, I really enjoyed the Zelda theme playing during the credits of the game. That's always been one of my favorite tunes from the Zelda games. And Jay is amazingly good at Super Mario World! It could just be one of those things where everyone in the world but me spent tons of time playing and perfecting their SMW skills, but Jay is exceptionally good. I regret to say that I could never finish SMW. I couldn't figure out the puzzles in the Vanilla Dome area...but I was younger then, so maybe I could do better now.

3. Johnny Excitement

Johnny Excitement Level 1: Goomba

Great video series as always, Jay. For your next playthrough, may I suggest something based on the Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past?

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Well, looking just for the path of Shadow Mario's fireballs, he looks more like a Shadow Luigi. However, it is Shadow Mario, looking for his appearance.
    Did you notice? At the end of the level, there's a pipe that must allow you to retry at the beginning of the level if you didn't kill Shadow Mario. But Since Jay succeed to get rid of it, Mario walked against the pipe, a little stuck.

EDIT: When Jay is about to defeat Shadow Mario, he had to jump down and take a green shell, but in mid-air, the screen turns black so we can see that the video has been cut. I just wonder why.

5. money grip

money grip Level 2: Koopa

i would suggest the broadcast satellite zelda games,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

get the rom and any further needed explanation here:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml

it's a remake of the original legend of zelda that japanese gamers were able to play on their super famicon via satellite over a short period of time. it's got some cool differences from the original, and it's also cool to see legend of zelda souped up to 16bit but not too souped up. one thing that really lends itself to a "let's play" series is that the game is timed, though you might want to employ ZSNES's fast forward feature every so often. (it's around 4 hours of gameplay, but there's stuff you could cut and/or fast forward)

6. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

7. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

8. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Oh, I'm sorry, I mean't "Even though I dislike the idea of Minecraft"

TEEHEE!

9. nintendofan

nintendofan Level 2: Koopa

lol, I love how in the end you say merry christmas, but Machinema delayed so much we are in march now, far away from christmas.

10. Rey D

Patron

It seems "Merry Christmas" is a funny expression. I'm not sure of anything. He also says "Merry Christmas" in Part 1.

11. Spaint

Spaint Level 0: Newbie

I really wonder where Jay got the download to play the Tale..... anybody know?Well if you do email me at relyter@gmail.com.

12. Rey D

Patron

Well.. maybe like me, at SMW Central. :)HERE. And you did not answer my question. You're so mean..

Edit: I'm not gonna e-mail you.

13. Koari

Koari Level 7: Bloober

I think he should do a Zelda Hack next

14. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

As said above I think Jay should finish the next version of SMBC before he starts another play through.

This is just my opinion though. Some of you may not agree with me.

15. Rey D

Patron

I super agree with you. Can't wait the next version!! But Jay wrote himself that we're gonna wait...

16. Ian Mallard

Ian Mallard Guest

Hilarious video! I love these.

supermarioadrian likes this.
  17. hahhaha yes! I completed it :D I love watching you trash talk that shadow mario. it's real! that's was epic!

18. camoslash

camoslash Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Dude wtf... this is pretty old, and STOP ADVERTISING.

19. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

What? It's old, but what do you mean?
    See Section VII of the [wiki]info-for-newcomers[/wiki]. Adverts generate revenue.

20. camoslash

camoslash Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I do not mean old as a bad thing, just as not as new, I still love watching these videos. And I didn't know about that ads thing lol...