Let's Play Zelda: Parallel Worlds with Jay

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Oh this hack?
    Beat it already. :awesome:

2. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Watching right now.

EDIT: Looks like no one posted, except me.
    1- Coconut stuck on the ground. Edited and from Link's Awakening, I assume.
    2- Yup perspective is pretty much messed with overhead view games
    3- O.O Lantern does not burn bushes?!
    4- Wuu?! Can't light that?! Weird... Must have some magic lock or something...
    5- Uuugh push this way! No! This wayyy!! XD
    6- WUU?! the center mark is what I was talking about: a magic lock! :p
    7- Oh yeah you haven't got a sword yet.
    8- The room with rupees and a flame shooting thing reminds me the secret room... the one which says something like "Let's keep this secret between us" or something...
    9- SO MUCH FIREBALLS!
    10- "I've got a buch so I'm... equipped better than him." XD
    11- Why didn't you throw the bush on him?? D:
    12- "FUCK... ME!" ^^"
    13- Castle music in a house... O.o
    14- Great job with that brick. I only thought it was a simple chair...
    15- Oh yeah that Mario face IS in a Link ti the Past. I was pretty much confused about that when I played it. x)
    16- Missed. :p
    17- ON DA FACE! POT ON YAR FACE!
    18- Oh I didn't realize about that table either
    19- They only wasted your bombs with that crack that isn't really what you'd expect to be... o__o
    20- Oh man... back to the beginning...
    21- THAT GUY! HE'S GOT A SWORD AND DEKU SHIELD!
    22- OH SH...! A FL... TWO FLEA GUYS!
    23- OH Man... I want more Jay playing that game! D: That was a sudden cut... :p

roman6a likes this.
  4. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

woo more episodes, awesome

5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Awesome. You still didn't check the crack in the wall of your house, though. :p

I really liked your point about good game design, how it's about teaching players how to play the game without them even realizing they're being taught.

roman6a likes this.
  6. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

wait isn't that what egoraptor teached us about good game design?

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Egoraptor pointed it out in Mega Man X.

And when we finally found a cracked wall to bust, it didn't even work, haha.

POTS!

Rey D and roman6a like this.
  8. sbq92

Yup. I didn't say Jay was the first person I ever heard it from. I just appreciate good advice coming from multiple places. Someone who didn't watch Egoraptor's video but watches Jay's will learn about it from him. :)

roman6a likes this.
  9. camoslash

camoslash Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Damn, lovin' this so far =D

roman6a likes this.
  10. Jay

Seems like everyone wants me to bomb my house. It probably won't work though, based on my experience with other cracked walls in this game.

Rey D and roman6a like this.
  11. aliceandsven

It's kind of merciless how long they pit you against those knight dudes with nothing but pots and bushes. And I've noticed in some rooms there are not even enough pots to kill all the guards.

12. DeviantDiscordian

DeviantDiscordian Level 6: Lakitu

Yes, I would advise against bombing your own house. Blowing up your house sounds like a bad idea.

Rey D likes this.
  13. camoslash

camoslash Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Does it seem like they upped the enemies attack power in this hack or is that just me?

14. Franpa

Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

@ Jay Pavlina

Just so you know, the games save functions don't work until you get your first sword from the Guard House (Use Save States until then!). After you get your first sword you can save/resume anywhere in the overworld with the new save game system the hack introduced. You still always start at the start of dungeons when saving in a dungeon however.

The reason for this limitation is because of how the save game system was coded in LttP, the hack authors weren't able to work out how to fix it to better suit there hack where your sword isn't given to the player easily.

Edit: If I didn't make it clear enough, they did manage to update the save system to allow you to save and resume from anywhere in the overworld (In LttP you have to choose specific spots) it's just that you have to get your Sword first before you can take advantage of the new system.

15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ I'm pretty sure Jay has already reached far in/ended the game. These are just videos which will be posted to keep people thrilled.

16. aliceandsven

Yes, but it's good to know for us following along.

17. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

KEEP CALM and CARRY BUSHES.

So let me get this straight... a ceramic pot...is stronger than a bush made of wood and leaves...and that's better than a sword.
    Is this some sort of backwards universe or something?

Also, it may just be me, but I think you missed the part where you go to that guy's cell, which might be why the game's "tossing so much stuff at you."

18. Jay

19. sbq92

Oh man... This game looks incredibly frustrating! I can't wait until you get the sword and can just destroy all those guards! :awesome:

20. Franpa

Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

That's the ultimate goal of the Guardhouse, he won't reach there until he gets the Boss key.