Level Editor - Discussion / Suggestions

Discussion in 'Features' started by J Squared, May 24, 2010.

1. TheYO

TheYO Level -1: Banned

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=4401041

2. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I want the ability to make a bottomless pit right behind the flag. Then i'll be happy.

3. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I only ask of 3 things:
    Doors
    Bros 2 Pluck-able Items (when playing as Mario)
    And having a designated area for completing a level, raher than using a flag.

4. Duckerdoo

Duckerdoo Level 5: Spiny

Something else I thought of. Upside down pipes. The kind where you hold 'up' as you jump to them.

5. Bill R.

Bill R. Level 3: Paratroopa

Cool, I did not know there was a part of cheats. I saw that appeared in the video and thought it was fake.

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Will the level editor in question have a way for people to share levels? I am excited for being able to make levels, but it would only be more awesome if you could send them to one another.

Maybe there could be a special subforum where you don't have to register to post, and it can be devoted to just putting in levels you have made? This is all assuming there will be a level editor of course...

Just a couple of things I thought about earlier.

7. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

Setting custom time limits.

8. Luigifan2010

Luigifan2010 Level 1: Goomba

Hopefully the "final update" will come soon. And hopefully this will be like 8-bit SMBx. Heck, even do custom graphics! I'm hoping some day to see the koopalings also =D

9. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Don't expect this final update to come any time soon. By final update, that means he isn't going to update it ever again and is going to move on.

Also, welcome to the forums! If you want, you can make a thread to introduce yourself in the "New Peeps" subforum.

10. MariowiiX

MariowiiX Level 1: Goomba

I think you should get this After you beat the game on Extreme. (no cheats on,)

11. Please

I disagree because a lot of people will want it from the start and it will give a better initial "wow" factor for newcomers.

12. Luigifan2010

Luigifan2010 Level 1: Goomba

No no no. Then, no one will probably be able to get to the editor.
    Anyway perhaps a level save system like SMF would be nice when it does come out.?
    Thanks! I will when I get a chance

13. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

There should be a portal where people can upload their levels and people can rate them on how fun they are and how hard they are.

14. Please

Placing Bowsers where ever you want is necessary. Like, if I want to make an overworld level with a bunch of Bowsers in the middle, then a Goomba for a boss.

And of course, placing blocks of any style where ever you want. Like castle blocks and overworld blocks in the same level.

15. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

Of course! I would also like to see objects and themes unavailable in the current game such as poison mushrooms, other enemies and alternate backgrounds and tile sets.

16. c2456

c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

I think it should have different land graphics for each character and there should be a enemy editor.

17. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

What is this enemy editor you speak of?

18. c2456

c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

It changes what enemies appear on each screen and it can edit enemy HP depending on difficulty level.

19. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Here's what the level editor needs to have.

1. All of the types of blocks.

2. All of the power-ups that could be hidden in blocks

3. Every type of ground. Snow, platform, underground etc.

4. All of the enemies. Yes, even Bowser. So every enemy could be placed in a level. So you could have a blockade of enemies right before the flagpole,

5. Ability for custom sprites. If people would want to show it off, let them! Let them be creative!

6. Can choose any music from any video game. It might take forever, but it would be awesome!

20. Please

Oh yea, the ability to place powerups straight into the level, without having them in the block.