Level Editor - Discussion / Suggestions

Discussion in 'Features' started by J Squared, May 24, 2010.

1. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

That would be strange and it would make the level WWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too easy. Maybe a limit for how many power-ups you can put in the level.

2. c2456

c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

I agree. It would make the level way too easy if you could put infinite powerups. I think we should have a section to post our levels onto the forum.

3. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

NO! What are you thinking?! The decision of whether the level will be too easy is up to the creator. Maybe he's going for easy, maybe he's making a really hard level, but making it easier with a lot of powerups.

Either way, the point of a level editor is to create your own levels, the less limits, the more you can do, the better. I can't believe someone would ask FOR a limit!

4. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

What Please said.

5. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

lol, sorry for such a bad thing to say.

I guess you're right, Please. I mean, you could mix it up, with having a ton of enemies and a ton of power-ups. Now THAT would be a good level.

6. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah. THe abitity to make yourself uber powerful is epic.

7. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Customizable Boss Arenas, and the power to set the win conditions, such as, Get Axe, Defeat all onscreen enemies, get the coins, survive, etc.

Upward and Downward scrolling.

Toad/Princess custom messages.

8. Please

Instead of making the level editor unlockable, a lot of these ideas could be unlockables for the level editor. I'm talking about the ones that aren't able to be put in the original game. Possibly like the Lost Levels enemies and extra win conditions. It could be set up like the cheat menu, with ??????, but they would be in sections. There would be a "Win Conditions" section with all "??????" in it besides the "Normal" and possibly another one like "Get all the coins".

I've seen games do something like this and they made it work out really well. The feeling of running to the level editor after you unlocked something just to try it out is priceless!

9. Rickmaster7

Rickmaster7 Level 0: Newbie

Lets hope most of the level aint spams of emptyness.

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

This is an excellent idea. I might add that it should also be possible to change the colors of the player characters as well as the enemies, items, objects and backgrounds.

11. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

a level editor ?!?!?!? hellz yes!!!!!! i havnt read the forums for awhile so this is new news to me.

12. Please

I believe Jay said it would be the LAST update of the game. So it won't be out anytime soon.

It kinda sucks because I'm wanting the level editor to come out, but I don't want it to come out at the same time because of the whole final update thing.

13. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

The last update of SMBC means we might get to see the next game project... which might mean 16bit crossover.

But I'm guessing Jay will get burnt out and be like "fuck that"

14. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

I want to see just what Jay can come up with for an original game. Considering he has access to not only the real game world but also the Flash world, he has a lot of competition for an original idea. I want to see what goes on in that twisted head of his...if nothing else, I want an original character to associate with him.

15. Please

Jay has said multiple times that he decided to do a crossover game because he was new at programming. This means all he had to focus on was the programming and not artwork or level design.

I do think Jay should take his hand at an original 8-Bit style game, though. I just think that'd be cooler than making another stick figure game or point and click game.

16. c2456

I want to see Jay do a Megaman X3 crossover. That would be sooo coool !!!!!!!

17. Please

I doubt this would EVER happen.

18. sponge7325

sponge7325 Level 1: Goomba

Agreed.

19. c2456

I could learn coding and make this happen.

20. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

Just a thought... perhaps it could let you upload your own spites or music. THAT would be awesome...