Level Editor - Discussion / Suggestions

Discussion in 'Features' started by J Squared, May 24, 2010.

1. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

hey this out of topic but i don't know where the forum topic is but i think the tale of elementia should added to the games

2. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Tales of Elementia is a hack of Super Mario World and this is a version of Super Mario Bros. That wouldn't work unless Jay decides to make a Super Mario World crossover.

3. Luigifan2010

Luigifan2010 Level 1: Goomba

I vote we put a good majority of the 8-Bit Bosses from the games SMBc covers. Only the most important. We NEED Smb3 koopalings Imo. Supporting CGFX would be nice too ^_^

4. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

like proto man

5. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

It's been suggested many times to have Proto Man be a playable character, stand-alone and reskin alike.

However, if you mean his alternate form, Break-Man, as a level editor boss, I thoroughly agree.

6. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

THEN.WHY.ARE.YOU.POSTING.IT.HERE?!

7. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

It could be because it is adding new levels to the game which is similar to a level editor.

8. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

I thought It'd be cool to be able to make your own map in SMBC, maybe some of Ryuza's emoticons could be NPC blocks, and you could make NPCs that interact with your character by giving him/her items, or just talking to them. I'll make an example of a map in a second, I've got the NES Mario 1 section up right now in Spriters Resource.
    You'd get NPCs from Zelda II, LoZ 1, (Like the "It's dangorous to go alone" guy) to put in your map,
    Tilesets from these games :
    1. Castlevania
    2. Megaman
    3. Contra
    4. Metroid
    5. Super Mario Bros (DUH)
    6. Super Mario Bros 2 (USA)
    7. Super Mario Bros 2 (JAPAN)
    8. The Legend Of Zelda
    9. Zelda II
    Well, yeah.
    Ideas : Doors, Castlevania stairs, stuff like that!
    Edit:
    HEEERE.
    LoP.png

9. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

well as you don't look on the wiki and on older threads
    old wiki page for feature requests "level editor": http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._Crossover/Feature_Requests#Level_Editor (yes, it's a lever editor YET AGAIN it doesn't stop into just editing existing levels, you can CREATE levels to put on the game [not sure about this thoguh] if this feature gets accepted and being implemented into the game itself)

well as i went back into 30 pages of the forums i could not find a thread that talked about this feature but the level editor will do, i guess this thread can go. (also eliminate that post so that it doesn't look like a double post)

10. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

dude that's what i just said, please lrn2read the whole post.

11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Seriously? SMB ground with that? It looks weird (a bit). But anyway...
    ↑ Delete that post.

12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Isn't there an actual thread for the Level Editor somewhere? Also shouldn't the Features Request thread be moved here too?

13. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Lots of people already talked about a Level Editor. I don't remember if there is a thread about it, so I think we can discuss it here.

14. Mitewing

Then I have a lot of ideas. I'll post when my thoughts get collected.

15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Rey D and Mitewing like this.
  16. Mitewing

A moderator should move this thread to the new Features subtopic, please?

17. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

18. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Hello everyone! I decided to move this thread, and merge the one Omegaman started here. I'm not going to delete the posts though, I'll just leave it up to you guys this time. I think some people lost their rank and weren't happy about it last time.

It's difficult to find a way to merge really old threads together, because you end up with a mesh of two different conversations, and the flow of each one is interrupted with the other.

I'm also stickying this because the level editor was all but confirmed as an upcoming feature towards the end of SMBCs development. We have a long time to talk about it.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Superjustinbros

Superjustinbros Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Definitely know this idea won't be in the game, but I was thinking we could open ROM hacks of SMB in SMBC, therefore we could play the non-kaizo/complex hacks as different characters. Cool feature, but I know it'd require all sorts of mayhem and complex programing, like importing from the ROM custom tilesets and graphics (if present), and programing alternative enemy behaviors.

20. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Well, the level editor will be coming on the FINAL update, and a lot of things will happen in the meantime, so the level editor would be something way better than we expect, speccially with a quality programmer like Jay "DTMF" Pavlina.