Official Link: Downward Thrust!!

Link, from The Legend of Zelda, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Good point, but Link's 2D gameplay borrows more from Zelda 2 than Link's Awakening.

Plus, being able to stomp enemies makes the Downward Thrust redundant.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

do we want to deminish our famous quote?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Mitewing likes this.
  3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

but nothing here involves eating bushes

4. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

I don't get it

5. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

our other famous quote

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Hyrule Warriors' Adventure Mode has 8-bit Zelda 1-styled sprites of some new items like the Hookshot, the Ice Arrows, and the Digging Mitts. Assuming we can get them somehow, would they have any potential applications in SMBC?

Mitewing likes this.
  7. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

"DOWNWARD THRUST MOTHERFUCKER" forever!!!

8. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The easiest one to implement would be the Ice Arrow. From watching some videos, there appears to be some new character and enemy sprites. Hopefully someone will rip these new sprites soon.

9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

@Mitewing Do you really need them "soon"? I have yet to see you actually put a sheet together, so I can't imagine you using them. If you just need info, ask away.

10. Mitewing

No. I'm just saying I'd like to know what the new sprites actually are.

11. Rey D

Patron

Playable characters (Impa, Lana, ...), a few "big" enemies (ReDead Knights, King Dodongos, ...), weapons associated to characters (Rapier, hair hand for Midna, Magic Rod, ...), map items (harp, ice arrows, ...) and map elements (butterflies, water boulders, ...)

Mitewing likes this.
  12. TheomanZero

I suppose the most obvious application would be to replace Link's Bomb sprites with Water Bomb sprites when he's underwater . . . but I don't see that having any applications for other skins, so I don't think it's worth expanding the template for that.

13. Mitewing

How do they behave differently? And I can see the Old Man with Ice Arrows as he is more mystically inclined.

14. Rey D

Patron

The Water Bombs are map items, so they don't serve any purpose but to unlock rewards for a certain battle. In the game, all you do is select a matching item to the "suspicious" tile and select said tile. The Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode is not a recreation of TLoZ engine or anything like that.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. Exploding 8-4

Exploding 8-4 Level 1: Goomba

if possible, would love if link had to collect a mushroom and 2 fireflowers to get the sword beam and master sword. reference to the pendants of power, wisdom and courage. would make the game WAY tougher though. (Exeption: Bartz, and other skins that arent link or dark link)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  16. TheomanZero

Technically, none of Link's skins actually use the Master Sword. His NES and SNES skins use the Magic Sword, and his GB skin uses the Seashell Blade (I guess you could argue that it's actually the Master Sword from the Oracle games, but I don't think that "Master Sword" is THE Master Sword.)

Mitewing likes this.
  17. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I thought there were several different Master Swords? Like it's a different universe for each game?

18. TheomanZero

This could totally derail the thread if we try to talk about, so all I'll say is to read Hyrule Historia if you want more information.

19. Cavery210

Cavery210 Level 0: Newbie

Request: Change Bartz's bridge music to Battle On The Big Bridge. Huge missed opportunity. Also change Bartz's coin heaven music to Flight of the Wind Drake.

20. Mitewing

Random question to anyone who knows the answer: Where does the sound effect of Link's jump come from?