Verifying Link: Frozen on Cheat Unlock

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by TheomanZero, Dec 30, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I was in World 6-2, in the underwater bonus room. I killed a Blooper with my sword (note: I had the Red Ring), and it was the 1000th enemy I'd killed, so the message saying that I unlocked the Invincible cheat appeared. Once I cleared the message, Link dropped to the sea floor below, sword still out, and I couldn't move him.

2. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

Did you try pressing the direction again? Like, if you upthrusted it, try pressing up; if you DTMF'd it, try pressing down. If that doesn't work, try pressing every button you have set. Randomly hitting buttons sometimes solves problems.

3. TheomanZero

I tried pressing various directions and buttons, and the only thing I could do was switch my sub-weapon. I tried changing the map skin and character skin, but neither of those fixed it. In the end, I just had to save and reload to start the level over.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Sounds pretty crazy. And long to reproduce.

5. TheomanZero

Well, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the Cheat Unlock message. I tried to give as many details as I could in the description. I considered including a screenshot, but a picture of Link not moving isn't very helpful.

6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

what's the best way to farm kills?

7. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Probably those levels where you had to kill a koopa and throw his shell into a line of goombas with mario.

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'd say 7-3, Invincible, Bouncy Pits, and a lot of patience. Easy mode and Red Ring, too.

9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'd say edit a save file to have 999 enemies killed. Apparently the format was changed.