Verifying Link low jumps

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by losticus, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

If it's just the game stuttering and "losing connection" for a bit (ie packet loss) then there's really nothing that can be done about that short of "get a better computer" unfortunately...

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"It was, yes. Otherwise I could have been all like "yeah, there's a lot of people having this problem with Sophia not getting powerups with our game saves, and since lots of us have problems can someone look into it faster, kthx". Accountability is a nice thing to have these days."

There's no reason to be taking such an offhanded comment so seriously, that's my point. The amount of people it's occurring for is an indication of how often the bug is happening, indicating how easy it is to reproduce which can lead people to either look for things that are easy to miss if it's happening fairly often, or take a more serious look if it is not happening often.

Nobody is asking anyone to look into it faster. He said about four words, "some others I forget" and here we are talking about how this means there's a lack of accountability in the world and you need to chill out and focus on what's important.

Rey D likes this.
  3. losticus

losticus Level 0: Newbie

yes i was holding the jump button down during the jump it as aslo happens after I've died or started over ingame. Also this has happened during a random character play through where link was fine the first time he was selected but i couldn't pass a later stage due to low jumps.

Tho it does go away when I've refreshed the page.

4. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I would attempt this myself if I didn't have other things to do.

5. Nemephosis

I dunno about you, but it looks to me like the little sidetrack discussion ended in post 12 when I thanked him and withdrew my comment, so I am not exactly sure why an issue is being made of this after the fact.

6. aliceandsven

Because you're still talking about it

7. Nemephosis

Like I said, that ended in post 12. You came in late to the party and continued it.

8. aliceandsven

As a concerned citizen I was expressing my disapproval in your treatment of UR; and in general, picking fights with others.

Can we stop talking about it now?

9. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

EVERYONE!
    I JUST TESTED SOMETHING!
    THE LOW JUMP THING IS NOT A BUG WITH THE GAME!

I was watching a livestream in one window and playing SMBC in another. The jump cropped up, and remained even after I refreshed. I paused the stream, and it went away.

This is NOT A BUG. It's just your browser's slowdown fucking up your jump when you put too much stress on it.

TheomanZero likes this.
  10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Wow. As I play SMBC with "Gaming mode" that would explain why I haven't encountered that.
    But you're totally sure about it?

11. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

That . . . would make so much sense! My computer's pretty new, and I try to avoid having other programs open when I play SMBC, and I've never had this bug either!

12. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I actually sometimes run into a similar problem, but the reverse, where I try to jump low but I get a higher jump. It doesn't stay this way, but it is a reflection of the same kind of problem with your browser and memory and such. I like to keep an eye on the "Plugin Container for Firefox" in the task manager. Usually when I get playing, that number jumps up to around 300k, and the higher it gets, the more glitchy my gaming gets, and I eventually just have to restart Firefox.

UR is right, it's not a bug, it's just the nature of the gaming platform (i.e., Flash), and unfortunately I don't think there's much Jay can do about it, especially with all the skins and music he's got in the game now (and all the skins and music he's going to be adding over time won't help matters, either).

Rey D likes this.
  13. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Does this mean . . . that SMBC is too intense for modern technology?!

sbq92, Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  14. Nemephosis

No, Adobe is just a shit company who can't keep on top of things.

15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ But they're the Flash guys, so I've got HIGH doubts about what you just said.

16. Nemephosis

That's WHY I said what I said. There are ALWAYS new "critical vulnerabilities" found. Only Windows rivals it in terms of seriousness and quantity of bugs and exploits.

uglyrodent likes this.
  17. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Making a good program/OS/whatever doesn't mean it's built on a solid foundation or that you're good at making sure they're fixed.