Official Link & LoZ Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Jay, Jan 25, 2011.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Oh god... yes please use Navi as the boomerang. If this gets in, I'll never use anything else!

UltraMario3000 likes this.
  2. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

Oh...grr...FINE, YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANNA HEAR!?

Anyway, are you serious about making the boomerang Navi? Maybe I could make the blue Boomerang Navi.

"Hmm...I need something to throw..."

"Hey! Listen! Watch out!"

"Shut up and make yourself useful!" *throws Navi*

"Oh, hey, a boomerang! Now I don't have to throw you anymore...Navi? Hello, wakey wakey...Oh boy..."

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Am I the only one who can't tell if he's joking or not o_o

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

No you are not.

5. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I just believe it's important to make sure people are properly credited. ;) Wasn't too tough though. Just googled adult Link sprites and looked under images.

And HECK YEAH I'm serious about making it Navi! I think it would be awesome!

6. nickreaper

What? Because I put "here" instead of "hear"?

Oh, and I am making Navi the first boomerang. Do you think I should put a word bubble of her saying "HEY!" on the sprite?

7. silentshadowxp

I think they meant if the comment was serious and freaking out or if it was a lighthearted joke. I just went ahead and assumed the second. ^_^

And "HEY!" on the sprite would actually be pretty hilarious!

UltraMario3000 and uglyrodent like this.
  8. nickreaper

Okay, I'll get to work on it. It's a little late where I am, so I might not post it until tomorrow...if I remember.

9. silentshadowxp

No rushing greatness :p
    Oh, btw, nice find with the sprites and good job with the custom ones! I forgot to say that before. I was just so taken back by the awesomeness of the skin that I forgot to XD

10. nickreaper

I hope Jay uses the skin. I know everybody and their mother is gonna be like "PUT MAI SKIN IN DA GAEM NAO!!1!1" And I have a strong feeling that a portion of the skins that'll be made are going to be anime characters that have nothing to do with Nintendo. I just hope he finds (and likes) mine under any crap that'll be posted. And I'm not trying to put down other people's skins, it's just that there ARE going to be skins that just suck, there always are with this sort of thing.

11. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Navi for basic boomerang since you start with Navi (who points things out nearby) and get the boomerang later in OoT

Then the "magic boomerang" will really be just the oot boomerang

12. silentshadowxp

I'd have to say that it's in the top 10 of skins I've seen posted. But ultimately it is up to Jay, so we'll just have to wait and see what he thinks.

13. nickreaper

Hey, do you know what those four multicolored half-disc looking things in the upper right side are? I have no idea so I don't know what to replace them with.

14. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

If you're talking about what I think you are, those are the blast marks for the sword beam.

15. nickreaper

Oh that, I didn't know what that was either, so thanks. Apparently I've suffered a cranial injury and can't remember my right and left. I meant the four multicolored objects on the upper left side.

16. nickreaper

I'm just about done with the skin, really. I just need to know what the hell those four things near the upper left corner are so I can replace them. Other than that I'm pretty much done.
    Link_Skin_Template.png
    It feels pretty cool to be the guy that made Ocarina of Time Link in Mario Crossover...or at least the first one...I think.

UltraMario3000 and Frozsoul like this.
  17. silentshadowxp

I don't think it's necessary to spin Navi around, just let her fly like normal. Or maybe even have her wings move if you have any extra sprites.

18. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Zelda skin. DO WANT.

19. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I agree, Navi should at most flutter up and down a little as she travels rather than spin around. I do get that you were likely trying to show that Link threw his fairy, but it just looks a little odd. :)

20. WilyNumber13

WilyNumber13 Level 2: Koopa

He caught your mix-up before actually: the four things you're talking about are the blast marks that appear when the sword beam hits something.