Official Link & LoZ Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Jay, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I don't recall seeing it on the wiki.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Wiki, no. Thread, yes.

UltraMario3000 and Mitewing like this.
  3. SiFi

SiFi Level 1: Goomba

It took me pages of searching but oh. Dang.

I still prefer mine though because the character has a 16x16 hitbox like the other skins and the items correspond more clearly to the Zelda items.

Also, I realized that when I replaced the bomb and arrow sprites I forgot to color-code the bomb bag and quiver accordingly, so I went and fixed that.

[​IMG]

Not much but eh.

4. Mitewing

Has anyone found complete sprites for characters in Hyrule Warriors ' 8bit Adventure mode?

UltraMario3000 and Faruga like this.
  5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I have a bunch of them redrawn manually, but not a complete sheet because busy.

6. Mitewing

I'm bumping this due to the release of Hyrule Warriors and its Adventure Mode, where NES styled versions of many characters appear. Along with a new Zelda, there's Sheik, Impa, and many more. The latest DLC is based on Majora's Mask, which includes NES versions of Young Link and Tingle.

Faruga likes this.
  7. Rey D

Patron

Redrawing those sprites is not fun, so I've been passing on doing that. Hopefully I'll find the motivation to spend one day to make them all.

Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  8. statoshi

statoshi Level 2: Koopa

Id like it if you dont change anything

9. Rey D

Patron

There is progress, but I need more photos of the sprites. Not going to boot up Hyrule Warriors in a while, so if anyone can provide with some, I'd happily take them.

Mitewing likes this.
  10. Mitewing

I just realized the 1UP doll and the Overworld Link are essentially the same sprites. If anything THIS skin is the version that should represent Z2 in SMBC.

I've looked for them online and there's still not many references. Are you planning to do all of them, or certain ones?

UltraMario3000 likes this.
  11. Rey D

Patron

Considering I've seen no other attempts at this besides mine (@Ryuza also helped), I suppose I should do all the characters, but they keep adding new ones, so it's going to take even longer than initially planned.

12. Mitewing

Do you know how many more they're adding? I was surprised with how Young Link was depicted, since technically the original Link in LoZ is considered Young Link per Zelda 2.

13. Rey D

Patron

I'm not sure how many are planned. With GANON in the next one apparently, I'm not sure what to expect.

Young Link is the Link from Majora's Mask. He has the same sprites as "badass" Link, in Adventure Mode, if I remember well.

14. Mitewing

I remember the big name characters Young Link, Zelda, Impa, Sheik, and Tingle. I was wondering what will you use to replace the sword for Sheik and Tingle since they attack in unconventional ways.

15. Rey D

Patron

Sheik uses her harp (different from the Harp item); I haven't tried Tingle in AM yet, but I guess it will be his balloon.

Mitewing likes this.
  16. IndyGo

IndyGo Level 0: Newbie

Yo there! I'm working now on a skin for Link, this time having Valkyrie from Namco's "Valkyrie No Boken", part of their somewhat beloved Valkyrie-series:

[​IMG]

This is mostly what I mustered to do for today, but I'll continue later with more stuff added.

For more info on the character and her game, here: http://www.devimension.com/dvp_doc_database/dev_docu002.html

17. Mitewing

Wonderful. After reviewing the powerups, here are my suggestions:
    Blue Ring=Red Helmet
    Red Ring=Blue Helmet
    Bow/Arrow, Bomb and Boomerangs=Custom sprites
    Magic Shield=Custom, larger version of current Shield
    The Sword Beam could be the Magic of Fireball projectile too.

IndyGo likes this.
  18. Mitewing

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    UltraMario3000 and IndyGo like this.
  19. Rey D

Patron

I did some progress in redrawing the HW AM sprites. Here's the official thread: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-26764.html
    Any sprite on the sheet that should be there but isn't, is not in my photo/screenshot folders.

Mitewing likes this.
  20. Mitewing