Official Link & LoZ Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Jay, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I wasn't counting the misc. items, which I do have. They will be in a separate sheet, and I want to finish the playables first.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. IndyGo

IndyGo Level 0: Newbie

Sorry for such a late reply! I had been busy with school and life, but I'm glad to hear about the feedback and suggestions.

I mostly thought all of the same, though I lack good spriting skills, so I can only suggest my ideas for the custom weapon sprites (which I hope to ensure referencing Valkyrie's games). I have some ideas for some weapons though.

- On the Bow, I think that Magic of Fireball would suffice fine, but we could make a custom weapon based on the Drill Shot from Legend of Valkyrie (so we'd turn arrows into drills - I can rip the drill sprite for an example later)

[​IMG]

- I could play around with the sprite of Time Stop (the star) to make it act as a Boomerang - it'd be a visually based reference to the Time Stop-magic from Adventure of Valkyrie and there's not much closer equivalent I can find.

[​IMG]

- Bomb Magic is used by Valkyrie in Legend of Valkyrie (also part of her Project X Zone-attack), so we could just edit the bomb to be black and make it tad rounder:

[​IMG]

The shield can be like what you said, we could make it look rounded to make it resemble the signature shield Valkyrie wields in her games.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. ΗΜ100

ΗΜ100 Level 2: Koopa

Is there a download link for it.

4. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

1. Right-Click image
    2. Click "Save image as..."
    3. ???
    4. profit.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. ΗΜ100

My own suggestion for the game:
    link_000.png Professor Oak as Link Skin. I will produce the Game Boy Advance Version which I made today
    Some notes on the sheet:
    Professor Oak: Link
    Pokeball: Bomb
    Cholpy Berry: Quiver
    Leppa Berry: Bomb Bag
    Blue: Toad
    Red: Peach
    Give Credit for this one.
    If you make another pokemon character Like red or Leaf, I have some Toad/Peach suggestions:

Red:
    Toad: Blue
    Peach: Professor Oak/Leaf

Leaf:
    Toad: Blue
    Peach: Professor Oak/Red

EDIT: Game Boy Advance can be treated in SMBC as SNES.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

IGN showed footage of Super Mario Maker with Link as a "costume" of Mario. Link appears mostly as his LoZ with several new sprites. If, and I say IF, this game is updated, it'd be nice that "Modern Link" appears with the "Modern" Mario Bros and the characters from Hyrule Warriors.

7. Mitewing

I know this is old news now, however I just realized a Mike Jones skin would be possible as a Link skin if the Overworld sprites were used. This is more fitting since Startropics gameplay is based on the Legend of Zelda.

8. ΗΜ100

What about Playable Windows? I will produce the 8 version of Windows as Link skin. Here it is:
    Windows 8.png Some Notes:
    Windows: Link
    Square with transparent X: Death
    Onimon based sword: Swords
    Onimon Bow: Arrow
    Onimon Bag: Quiver
    8: Toad/Old Man
    Windows with 8: Peach/Princess Zelda

Note that I also produce how Windows will be when he wears the Blue/Red ring plus one custom color made.
    If someone likes it, I will also produce the Windows 10 version.
    It's original game is Windows Anthology 8.

9. PoppingLuigi

PoppingLuigi Level 1: Goomba

:o)Yes please.
    Please make a windows 10 version.
    Thanks

10. ΗΜ100

OK! I will produce it today. And it is:
    Windows 10.png Some differences between Windows 8:
    Windows 8 has Ominon Swords. Windows 10 has new traditional swords.
    Windows 8 has Ominon Boomerang. Windows 10 has metro design boomerang.
    Windows 8 has Ominon rings. Windows 10 has rings with the style of the traditional bomb bag
    Windows 8 has a blue bomb bag. Windows 10 has bomb jar for bomb bag.
    Windows 8 has Ominon bomb. Windows 10 has metro design bag with one color.
    Windows 8 has Ominon Bow. Windows 10 has new traditional arrow with new colors.
    Windows 8 has a red shield. Windows 10 has metro design shield with blue and green.
    Windows 8 has Red/Green/Blue/Yellow colors. Windows 10 has the same colors with the only change of it's light blue color. Windows 10 also has new colors for the Blue/Red ring.
    Windows 10 still has the same Death graphics expert for the new colors.

For Toad/Peach I will use the 10 as Toad and Windows with 10 as Peach. Original game is Windows Anthology 10.
    Ominon bag for Windows 10 has new colors to match the Metro Design.
    Give Credit for this one.
    EDIT: Sword Beams actually deal more damage than in Legend of Zelda/Windows anthology 8

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  11. Sebi

Sebi Level 2: Koopa

Not very long ago, I guess. Someone made Taizo Hori.
    I am too making Taizo Hori, except better.
    Tell me how you think of him when I'm done.
    Here's the wip: upload_2015-7-15_16-54-2.png

12. Sebi

Finished.
    upload_2015-7-15_22-23-15.png

13. Mitewing

Looking good but it's not really finished. The background needs to be transparent and not white.

14. Sebi

I thought it was transparent.
    Also, Can someone change his weapons except for like the pump? I was in a rush to get it done and I have no idea what he'd use basing on how he only uses two weapons in the whole game(games)

wait no I just got a idea.

15. Mitewing

16. Rey D

Patron

That's neat. My sheet hasn't changed much, but you can use it to fit the ripped sprites in. By "you", I mean "anyone who feel like it".

Attached Files:

Mitewing likes this.
  17. Mitewing

If you ever finish the Hyrule Warriors sprites, will you pursue the ones in Super Mario Maker?

18. Rey D

Patron

I've dropped the Hyrule Warriors thing. It probably wouldn't take long to compile the ripped sprites, but I'm too busy doing bigger works.

19. Mitewing

What bigger works?

20. Rey D

Patron