Implemented Link: Make the Magic Sword and Red Ring separate again

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'm not sure if there would be a better reason to do this besides making the game more authentic. Maybe the Magic Sword can be more powerful than the White Sword. Depending which sword you have would determine how strong the beam is with the Red Ring.

TheomanZero likes this.
  2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I just woke up, so maybe you've already said this and I didn't realize it, :p but are you basically saying have the Red Ring strengthen the Sword Beams? That way, you get the Magic Sword, and it gives you the Sword Beams, but they still deal damage based on the Wooden Sword. Then you get the Red Ring, and it gives you even stronger Sword Beams. I suppose either that or the other way around. The Red Tunic gives you Sword Beams, and the Magic Sword gives you stronger Sword Beams.

3. Mitewing

I meant the Red ring gives you beams, but its strength is determined by whether you have the White Sword or magic sword.

sbq92 likes this.
  4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Sword beams in SMBC are wooden-sword strength, which is a bug. In the original LOZ, beams were the strength of whatever sword you had at the time.

Mitewing and TheomanZero like this.
  5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'm in favor of this, too. I want to have the Magic Sword as an item, but I also want the tunic color changes to match up with the Rings. Plus, getting the Magic Sword and Sword Beams separately makes you appreciate them both more.
    Sounds good to me, then.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Mitewing likes this.
  7. Mitewing

I was gonna suggest adding silver arrows to the Link arrows thread.