Request Link: Silver Arrows

Discussion in 'Features' started by TheomanZero, Apr 17, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Some people (including myself) think arrows aren't all that useful when you have Sword Beams, and are trying to think of ways to improve them. One thing (but not necessarily the only thing) I thought would help is to add the Silver Arrow as an upgrade to the Bow. Silver Arrows would be more powerful, and possibly penetrate through multiple targets.
    The problem is of how to implement it when Link has so many items already (especially since I also want the Red Ring and Magic Sword to be separated again). I do have one idea, and it goes hand-in-hand with two other suggestions I support:
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/foru...agic-sword-and-red-ring-separate-again.14900/
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/require-blue-ring-to-get-red-ring.14570/
    The Red Ring could give both Sword Beams and Silver Arrows. For one thing, it would help with the problem of Arrows being obsoleted by Sword Beams, since at the same time you got Sword Beams, your arrows would be upgraded. Plus, the two of them seem to go together in a way -- you got the last sword upgrade and the Silver Bow from the same place in Link to the Past, after all. That said, this would make the Red Ring so powerful that it would make sense to restrict it by forcing you to get the Blue Ring first (and maybe also the bow, since it's an upgrade).
    Other possibilities:
    • Fold it into the Magic Sword instead of the Red Ring
    • Magic Sword gives Sword Beams, Red Ring gives Silver Arrows
    • Make Link immune to bombs inherently and have Blue Ring give Silver Arrows (or have Blue Ring give Sword Beams and Red Ring give Silver Arrows)
    • Just make the Silver Arrow its own item, like it was in LoZ
    . . . though for various reasons I'm not all that happy with any of those.
    Thoughts?

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

I would honestly just take out the sword beams. Probably going to be unpopular, but if you have them, you really don't need the limited-ammunition arrows, you have an infinite supply of the beams. Then we'd have a use for the arrows.

ThomasMink likes this.
  3. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Just make the sword beams somehow weaker than the silver arrows. Problem solved.

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

They already are.