Not a Bug Link: Sword Beam Power

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by TheomanZero, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

You only loose the arrows if you die.

As for the powerup that is only there for Ryu and Simon.

Rey D likes this.
  2. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

I don't really like to stun the enemy, and then having to stop so stab the fucker many times to then progress. Jumping over them is not fun too, you're supposed to kill them. So range is a big deal here.

We can't have everything working exactly as the original game he came from, we're talking about two different genres.

The bow is pretty useful the way it is now, unlike the beam, you can fire it fast and it's much more powerful. Better than stopping to shoot many times to kill someone, even if you consider it doesn't costs ammo.

Rey D and Urutsune like this.
  3. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Clearly one of Link's biggest strength is he is a fast, small, powerful and extremely versatile with all the things he can do. More or less every weapon of his has some kind of a weakness so you have to use each for the best situation. You can't use one thing all the time in the game, different case asks for different strategy. Beam is important too and have it's very useful points too. The beam is kind of like what the Bow is not but that is what makes it useful. Clearly the Bow is a lot more useful against Bowser example, you don't loose it if you get hit and you can attack fast and rapidly with it making it more likely that you survive. Beam is a slow unlimited range attack, it can be a life saver and help you out a lot during stages.
    I personally always try to build up max ammo for Arrows before Bowser that means I can't waste arrows so it is luck how much I find so I may need to kill really a lot of enemies. Most things can be handled on stages with just the sword, boomerang or bombs but sometimes a long range attack is needed to hit something from far, in those cases the beam is a lifesaver. Beam can also not just boost your melee attack but also your arrow attacks (because as I said it can be used at once with the arrows) so clearly the beam is great. The strongest sword can kill a goomba in a single hit, it does not sound good if the beam could do the same and I think that is why it has a specific damage.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

We added the ? box for Simon and Ryu because if they don't have a power-up or any ammo, they're basically screwed at Bowser.

World 1-1 and TheomanZero like this.
  5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

what about the other castles with hammer bowser?

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Hammer Bowser is tough, but he's significantly easier than Fire and Hammer Bowser. Plus, World 6-4 already has a power-up.

7. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Fair enough, but on the other hand, 4-4 is MUCH harder with the fire wand and the podoboo in the way, and they don't get anything there. I think 7-4 is the same deal, but with hammers too. 8-4 is really just a straight-up fight without all the other BS getting in the way, so why do they get a powerup there instead of at the much harder fights where they are equally screwed? Which wouldn't be an issue if Ryu had infinite shurikens like he used to. Sometimes concessions just have to be made, like maybe Ryu should have a way to defend himself from a distance at all times.

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Whatever, that's not the point of this thread.

9. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Ok, you don't have to be so mean.

We can discuss this in another thread if Nemephosis wants

10. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Thank you for coming in here and dumping on the conversation as only you do. Remind me why I removed you from my ignore list again?

It doesn't matter. Just delete the last ten posts or so, please. They are, after all, "not the point of the thread."

11. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

We added a platform above Bowser in 4-4 for Ryu and Simon. The biggest issue remaining is 7-4, though I did suggest to Jay that we put a ? box there as well, I just don't think he did it yet.

Rey D likes this.