Request Little mac

Discussion in 'Characters' started by ninjakrazii, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ninjakrazii

ninjakrazii Level 3: Paratroopa

[This is a request] Iv'e checked and since no one has posted a thread currently about this, I am making one, I think little mac(from "Punch Out!" for the nes) should be a playable character, he would be obviously changed to side scrolling but he would have all sorts of stuff, like, he is normally very short so he would be about megaman or link's height. This means he could have a normal punch that hits the enemies without ducking, and if you hit, lets say, five or more enemies you get a little star, and if you press something like the change item button you do the star punch uppercut:D

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Something like this requires gameplay to be made up from scratch. At least Link had some platforming background.

3. ninjakrazii

I mean like the jumping and movement can be the same as another character, ex. bass, all that would need to be made from scratch are the main sprite, because before you get the mushroom you will be mac in the pink running suit, haha. but after that you can just make a new skin that goes from pink running suit w/hood, to boxing wear, and then to star flash or fire extra punch power or whatever, see what I mean? :p

4. MissingNo2

Still breaks the point of this game.

5. ninjakrazii

How? the point was to have nintendo's best characters on a mario game, link barely even had platforming background aside from zelda 2:p If it is that hard, little mac could just be a link skin.

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. MissingNo2

Again, at least Link had any platforming background at all. Mac doesn't have jack.

7. ninjakrazii

Jeez I might as well code the character myself, time to go see if someone requested the guy from metal slug.

8. MissingNo2

Someone already made him as a skin for Bill.

9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The problem is about fitting in.
    I don't see how Little Mac's gameplay can be ported to a platformer such as SMBC.

twinAgkistrodon likes this.
  10. ninjakrazii

it would basically just be like how nintendo made link a platformer, give him a basic jumping and attack ability, make him a side scrolling sprite based on another sprite,"the jogging one from where you get the password" and just recolor it. The most that would be from scratch is just making the jump not suck like bill's and making the attack somewhat short like links sword,(maybe a little longer)

uglyrodent likes this.
  11. MissingNo2

The thing is Link at least DID jump in his games, with the Roc's feather in Link's Awakening
    Mac never jumped. Like, ever.

12. ninjakrazii

Yeah, I know, it would be !NEW!. Problem?

uglyrodent likes this.
  13. MissingNo2

Actually yes. There is a problem.
    The thing about these character requests; if you have to make up abilities in order to make them fit, then that's a sign that they really don't fit.

14. ninjakrazii

Link btw also had new stuff, in the original nes version, link couldent throw a boomerang vertically in the air or through the floor, so :p

Then why are people requesting sonic? he fits nowhere in a nintendo game... like, he should be in sonic crossover or whatever lol

15. MissingNo2

Then I guess Bill, Ryu and SOPHIA are out of place too. The thing is, they fit in terms of gameplay. Not because of who they are.
    Sonic's not a good enough example to back up your cause; he can jump, he can attack, he has a basic method of breaking bricks.. really, this claim is more bringing your point down then it is helping it.

Rey D and twinAgkistrodon like this.
  16. ninjakrazii

i mean like, they were on a nes game, LEGALLY. the only nes or snes games that had sonic were like pirate games/fake ones:p I just recommended mac because he was a big star on the nes.

17. MissingNo2

But again, Mac has no place in a platformer. Sonic was born as a platformer.
    Being on the NES legally shouldn't instantly mean "ADD DIZ GUY PLZ", it should be whether they function as a platforming game is what should decide "Hey, this character could fit in SMBC".

Rey D and twinAgkistrodon like this.
  18. ninjakrazii

I understand.>.>

19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Even if you made custom sprites for him, I don't really see him being appealing as a character. All he can do is punch -- no power-ups, no special abilities, nothing. The only thing he has is that Star Punch uppercut, which I don't see as being particularly practical in a sidescrolling platformer and wouldn't be enough to carry his character anyway. Punch-Out was a great game, but boxing really doesn't have a place in Super Mario Bros.
    People should not be requesting Sonic.

twinAgkistrodon likes this.
  20. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Little Mac would be best as an Assist character, if they're ever added.

ninjakrazii likes this.