Confirmed Lost Levels 6-4

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ace, Dec 27, 2013.

1. ace

ace Level 1: Goomba

Loving the Lost Levels but have got stuck on level 6-4. Seems to be quite buggy. Has anyone else noticed this? I've found a few similar bugs in other places in the game but they didn't cause any major problems so I have just ignored them. However, in this level I keep being killed!

First it's these fire bars - they suddenly jump when you approach them.

level 6-4 bug 1.jpg

Next it's in this place - I tried to jump onto the second from top platform but floated horizontally backwards and fell to my death!

level 6-4 bug 2.jpg

Should I put together a formal post about this in the Bugs forum? If so, should it be one bug report or two? Thanks in advance for your help!

Alkerion likes this.
  2. ace

UPDATE: I tried again and, strangely, this time I managed to jump onto the platform I mentioned. However, I then got to another fire bar which also "jumped" in its animation and killed me! This is the first time I've got this far, but the fire bars shown in the first screen shot above always jump every time I get to them.

3. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

The first is simple, that is how the maze works. You actually warp to a different place when you take the right path. There is nothing to do about that one.

As for the second you most likely were about to get stuck inside a wall. When that happens you are tried to be moved out of the wall. It can happen, especially if you get squished between a wall and a moving platform.

Alkerion likes this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You don't die when you take the right path.

However, it's pretty bad if you do die when doing a simple path mistake. Sure, you then know that it shouldn't be the right path, but it also means you wasted an entire life on that one.

ace likes this.
  5. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

My personal suggestion on that, if possible, is to have the firebars disappear like in the proper game when you take the wrong path.

Rey D likes this.
  6. Urutsune

Dieing? Who was talking about dieing? Nobody. This has nothing to do with dieing.

7. Rey D

Patron

For the most part, I agree.
    However, when taking the wrong path up there, the firebar's position resets, and it's right on you. And you get hit. And if you were playing for your 20th life, you probably don't have any mush to save you. So you die.

ace likes this.
  8. Urutsune

I never ever got hit because of that. I believe it happens before you actually get into the range of the fire bar. Maybe you just rush too much?

9. Rey D

Patron

I thought so, but after many tries, I can definitely say it does happen. Was playing with Samus, who really can't rush much.
    The check point is in the range of the firebar.

ace likes this.
  10. ace

Thanks for confirming this Rey D.