Confirmed Lost Levels: Hilarious glitch with SOPHIA III in Easy Mode World 6-4

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Beed28, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

I managed to do... um... this with SOPHIA III in World 6-4 on the Lost Levels map set.
    SMBC_LL6-4_Easy_SOPHIA_Axe_Glitch.png

This was done on easy mode, I'm not sure if this applies to the other difficulties as well. Thankfully, I still moved onto World 7-1 afterwards like normal, so I didn't lose any progress.

2. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I just performed a similar glitch with Ryu at the end of World 2-4, Lost Levels Hard:

Ryu_Platform_Glitch.png

After defeating fake Bowser, I latched on to the side of the moving platform, and moved down until I touched the axe. I was then frozen on the platform as it swung back and forth while the "castle clear" music played. In my case, I didn't get any "Thank you" text on the screen. For some reason, Ryu was shaking slightly on the moving platform as it was moving, as if he was nervous (perhaps knowing he had just broken the game!) :)

In my case I had to restart the game as I could not move and was not able to enter the in-game menu.

ThomasMink and aliceandsven like this.
  3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Sophia has the best bugs

Faruga likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

You can reach the axe while on the platform? Did Blaine put it to close to the axe?

Faruga likes this.
  5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Oops.

I never realized this was an issue. I used the actual maps as background images when making the levels, so I was able to just layer everything on the backgrounds. Not all of the platform positions were necessarily correct, though. It seems the maps show the highest or right-most position of a platform, whereas SMBC's placement of platforms is for the middle of the platform's movement. Even though I knew this, however, I never considered that there could be a problem with people who can hang off of the platform.