Request Luigi: Pick up and Throw Shells

Discussion in 'Features' started by RondoOfRedLiquids, May 17, 2014.

1. RondoOfRedLiquids

RondoOfRedLiquids Level 1: Goomba

This is pretty self-explanatory, but this is why I believe this should be a legitimate change made to Luigi.

1. Luigi is one of the worst characters in the game, in my opinion, and I believe that many people feel that way too. He needs a buff.
    2. If Luigi is based off Lost Levels and not Super Mario Bros, I feel it is appropriate to have the ability to pick up shells to begin with.
    3. It would be a fun mechanic to have, as it has been ever since it first appeared.

I feel that the two problems that could possibly be encountered are coding and spriting, but I doubt that they would be considering the fact that we can have characters like Ryu Hayabusa or Mega Man function the same way they do in their respective games.

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Well, I agree with you that specific Luigi skins should be able to grab and throw shells, but the corresponding Mario skins should be able to do the same.

TheomanZero likes this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Um, there was no shell carrying in Lost Levels. That was introduced in SMB3.

Anyway, I agree with Mitewing: skin-specific for both brothers.

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  4. RondoOfRedLiquids

RondoOfRedLiquids Level 1: Goomba

There was no shell carrying in Lost Levels? Ok then, I only have two reasons for Luigi to be able to carry shells.
    specific Luigi skins though...and specific Mario skins :)