Official Luigi: The World's Number One Player Two

Luigi, from Super Mario Bros., is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Hello everyone, I'm very excited to finally open up Luigi's thread. It's been a long time coming, hasn't it? This works like all the other stickies, just talk about this character! :) Suggestions, ideas, impressions, strategies, hints, tips, tricks, etc. can all go here.

Credits and congratulations go to CHAOS_FANTAZY for suggesting the name for this thread and winning the polls!

Check out Luigi in the latest trailer for SMBC 2.0!

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/videos/super-mario-bros-crossover-2-0-trailer

roman6a likes this.
  2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

So... Lets talk about him... He jumps really high.

roman6a likes this.
  3. aliceandsven

Actually, what are the differences between him and mario? Can you notice anything from the trailer?

roman6a likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Mario and Luigi play just like they do in the lost levels. So if you want to know the exact differences you can play that game.

huang17, Rey D, roman6a and 1 other person like this.
  5. Crownjo

You pretty much summed it up Jay. It's going to be interesting playing as Lost Levels Luigi in the original SMB levels.

Viga Man and roman6a like this.
  6. NES Boy

NES Boy Level 3: Paratroopa

Hi, Jay! This game looks exciting so far! Will there be a feature to enable Luigi's high-bouncing fireballs and multi-coin block spill (both from Super Mario Advance 2)? Here's a video that shows what I'm talking about:

ChozoBoy likes this.
  7. Tienfan789

Tienfan789 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I cant wait to try out Weegees :luigiB: |h||i||g||h| |j||u||m||p||s|------>:luigijumpB:

8. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

|l||u||i||g||i| |f||t||w| :luigiB:

huang17 and Mitewing like this.
  9. Crownjo

Anyone gonna do a full playthough as Luigi?

Viga Man likes this.
  10. aliceandsven

Maybe... I was planning on doing an LP for 2.0 but I don't know how I'm going to do it yet.

Viga Man likes this.
  11. Viga Man

Viga Man Level 1: Goomba

I'm glad that Luigi will be in Super Mario Bros. Crossover. He is a great character but Nintendo doesn't put him in many Super Mario games. Nice to see that Exploding Rabbit will put him in SMBC.

I like Luigi, he's cool, kind and funny.

12. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

Ahh, WeeGee. I love playing as Luigi. It reminds me of that web series, There Will Be Brawl. Hilarious stuff.

13. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

The addition of Luigi will be great.

BTW, I'm glad the winner was the title I chose in the poll. This thread title rocks!

aliceandsven likes this.
  14. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Doesn't luigi have fireballs that go straight?

15. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Only in Smash Bros. In Mario games, his fireballs bounce more than Mario's.

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Oh yeah. Why not include that in the next update?

17. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Luigi's physics are based on his SMB2 appearance, which had no fireballs (and hence no higher bounce). He was given a copy of Mario's fireballs because he can get fire flowers (due to being in the original SMB), but since the Luigi we are dealing with doesn't have the higher fireballs yet, they weren't added.

That said, I would love it if it were added.

18. Crownjo

I don't wanna make too many changes to the characters. It would destroy the point of this game.

19. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Well, the one thing you never have to say when using Luigi is "I wonder if I can make this jump..."

Hell, I jumped over Bowser WHILE HE WAS AT THE APEX OF HIS. Mario would have slam-danced right into him, Luigi cleared him like he wasn't even there.

huang17 likes this.
  20. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Is the title music for SMB2 USA ever used for Luigi's skin? Don't remember hearing it. I think it would work well for underwater worlds.

TheomanZero likes this.