Official Luigi: The World's Number One Player Two

Luigi, from Super Mario Bros., is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

I think Luigi Should Be given the SMB2 music and it would make him a little more distinct from Mario and the fire balls don't bounce higher but farther distance between bounces and they are a slower. Also I't be cool if he had all the coins coming out at once ability from SMW. Another thing is that Luigi is a bit faster than Mario he just can't stop as fast, so if he was made a bit faster and he's stopping and turning speeds were reduced he would feel much more different from Mario.

And if some of these things might change Luigi too drastically make them optional like this,

Luigi Mode: SMB, Lost Levels, SMBC (Which contains all the changes above)

And thats another thing I think Jay should add a Characters Option Menu To Change Things that are character specific cause classic simon and stuff like that shouldn't really be cheats...

But I'll make another thread about that later.

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Since it's a remix of the original underwater music, that would certainly be appropriate. And since the current underwater music is also used elsewhere, I think this would be a great improvement.

huang17 and Mitewing like this.
  3. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Actually, Luigi here was based on SMB2J, aka The Lost Levels.The Lost Levels did have the higher jump, same fireball mechanics, and Luigi did not stop/turn as quickly as Mario on the ground when running. He would skid about a half block or so, before stopping.

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah, that's what I said. It's the second Super Mario Bros. If I meant Doki Doki Panic I would have said Doki Doki Panic.

5. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well, saying there is no Fire Flowers in the Lost Levels is very, very false (which you said there wasn't).

The differing bounce mechanics you speak of for Luigi wasn't until Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (and even then, hasn't been duplicated since, either).

uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.
  6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Hmm...I do recall saying that...I know I was thinking of LL, but I guess the American SMB2 crept into my mind anyway :s My bad.

7. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

It's very easy, guys. We, for the most part I assume, live in the West, and not Japan. Therefore, SMB2 is is the American Doki Doki Panic reskin, and SMB2J is the Japanese SMB2. It isn't hard, it avoids confusion like that, and it should be fairly intuitive to understand.

TheomanZero likes this.
  8. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

9. Narematto

Narematto Level 3: Paratroopa

Dans mes opinions Luigi est un trouillard, il a peur des monstres (surtout des fantômes), je l'aime bien parce qu'il est drole. Il a toujours besoin de mario pour faire quelque chose. Et il a la malchance, voici des vidéos drôles :

Il est populaire parce qu'il est drôle.
    a+ et bon jeu !

10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Translation:

11. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Luigi > Mario by far

In 8-1 there is this massive pit separated by a one tile platform. The first hole is 5 tiles wide, then the platform, then another 4 tile hole. That's 10 tiles total. From a sprint, Luigi can clear both holes with one jump. It's insane and awesome the jumps Luigi can make.

huang17 and Mitewing like this.
  12. fishcake cap'n

fishcake cap'n Level 1: Goomba

luigi is awesome!as a younger brother, he is the only reason i ever got to play!

sbq92 likes this.
  13. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

luigi plays beautifully. lol. like mario, hes exactly like in the game (Lost levels) his gameplay revolves around.

14. Jdaster64

Jdaster64 Level 2: Koopa

I don't know how I haven't already vented here, but I really hate Luigi's physics due to a couple big inaccuracies to his SMB2j persona. Firstly, he should slide a good deal farther when turning around on the ground (~3 blocks, as opposed to the measly 1/2-1 block in SMBC; heck, Mario should slide about 2). Also, when he bounces on an enemy, it should give him a good deal more of a boost than Mario. (Although that's really a difference between SMB and SMB2j more than anything). I think he jumps just a tad higher in SMB2j than in SMBC as well, especially when standing still.

15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

There's already been discussion of making Mario and Luigi's physics more accurate. Here's an in-depth analysis:
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/foru...-smb2j-player-physics-exhaustive-guide.14607/

ThomasMink likes this.
  16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Super Mario Bros Crossover: The only game where I can play the original Super Mario Bros with Super Mario Bros 3 graphics as Luigi from Super Mario Bros 2 (Japan) with Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) graphics and music!

17. Popper

Popper Level 2: Koopa

I think Luigi is faster at running than Mario. Like when you press "X" while moving... :luigijumpS::luigijumpS:

18. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Well ignoring the fact that... Well ignoring everything;
    Luigi actually runs slower than Mario canonically.

19. Popper

Popper Level 2: Koopa

What do you mean "Canonically"? (I'm stupid)

20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

According to the "story", Luigi is weaker than Mario.