Request Magical rod for link

Discussion in 'Features' started by Kingicarus, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Kingicarus

Kingicarus Level 1: Goomba

I think that the magical rod from the original zelda should be added to the game as an additional pickup for link. The wave it shoots would not pass through walls, but burst into flame on contact with anything. The flame could hurt both link and enemies unless he obtains the red ring (no, not the red ring of death), consequentially giving it another use. The addition of such a great weapon from zelda is simply a necessary addition as I feel link is currenly too weak to defeat bowser via combat (ie not getting the axe). I would really like to see this added in the next update/patch, and thank you for considering this idea and taking the time to read this post.

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I agree, this would all be pretty awesome. I do think that while Link has trouble killing Bowser, though, that his speed and size make it pretty easy to get the axe, so I'm not sure it really matters. But I', all for magic rod in the game.

3. Kingicarus

gonna move this thread to suggestions real quick

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Users can't move threads, but mods can. I'll report it and ask a mod to handle it.

5. Kingicarus

6. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

I would like the rod but only if we leave off the fire. Otherwise, it's useless IMO. Never liked the fire it left and never picked up the spellbook in level 8 after the first time.

7. Kingicarus

maybe the addition of the spellbook for the option of fire is an order

8. Nemephosis

I had actually suggested the red candle as a powerup/item before.

9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'm not a huge fan of this idea, but I think if it does get in, it has to leave fire, to make it more distinct from the Sword Beams and Bow.

uglyrodent likes this.
  10. Kingicarus

yeah, the fire is really a must have for the rod

11. Nemephosis

Well if the fire has to be on it, I would do without.

12. TheomanZero

Well, I think the Rod is a bad idea because if it were in, no one would ever use anything else . . .
    So I guess this reaction is encouraging.

13. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

How could you not use anything else? You get the powerups at random.

14. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I have to disagree with this. I think Link is among the most powerful characters to defeat Bowser without the axe. Simply keep downward thrusting on his head until he's defeated. You can optionally stun him first with your boomerang.

15. Zunar

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't stun him with your boomerang as of Version 2.0.

TheomanZero likes this.
  16. TheomanZero

I meant, once you have it.
    You aren't mistaken.

17. Zunar

Maybe, in that case, you would have a magic meter, and the Magic Rod would use up magic when used, and enemies would randomly drop magic jars to refill it.

18. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Hmm. Good point. But I still say that Link is among the best characters to kill Bowser with his continuous downward thrust, especially if Link is wedged between a floating platform and Bowser's head :)

19. Zunar

Being wedged between there is very risky. If Bowser jumps, you're dead, unless you have a Mushroom.

20. TheomanZero

*sigh* Sadly, that doesn't work any more. I've tried it and I just got killed.
    That said, Link is good at killing the hammer-throwing Bowsers without power-ups. Once you get inside the arc of his hammers, you can just stab away while shuffling back and forth. Since Link has the smallest hitbox (apart from the small Mario Bros.), this is easier as him than as anyone else.