Request Make Ken Hayabusa a separate character (I have a good reason)

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I was thinking that if the Shadow Clone powerups were ever added, how exactly would that work with the Sword Extension? To me it would look a huge clusterfuck having Ryu with two clones running around and each one have the Sword Extension. So to solve this I figured to make Ken a separate character. Here's how they would play differently:

KEN: Gameplay based on NG1 & NG2
    DEFAULT SKIN: Red NG1 Ryu
    POWERUPS: Scroll, Invincibility Ninpo, Shuriken, Windmill Shuriken, Upward Ninpo, Jump Slash, Hourglass, Shadow Clones
    ABILITIES: Faster Sword Slash (like Haggle Man), Double Jump, Cling to walls, but can't climb them.
    ALTERNATE SKIN: Ryu?/Ryu Clone

RYU: Gameplay based on NG2 & NG3
    DEFAULT SKIN: NG3 Ryu (with scarf)
    POWERUPS: Scroll, Invincibility Ninpo, Shuriken, Windmill Shuriken, Upward Ninpo, Downward Ninpo, Sword Extension, Vacuum Wave
    ABILITIES: Same abilities currently in SMBC
    ALTERNATE SKIN: NG1 Ryu

So this will allow for many more powerups and gameplay differences found between the three games and finally have NG3 Ryu and soundtrack in the mix.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'm sorry, I don't understand your problem with this. How would the Sword Extension interfere with the Shadow Clones? They follow Ryu around and attack at the same time he does, and if he has the Sword Extension their attack hitbox is bigger.

I do think that Ryu should have his NG3 sprites with the scarf, along with Invincibility Ninpo, Vacuum Wave, and possibly the Hourglass.

3. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Basically the Sword Extensions would overlap on Ryu and the clones. While it would create a gigantic hitbox, I'm not sure if it would be aesthetically pleasing to look at and may make Ryu overpowered.