Request Make Proto Man a separate character if Link gets a working shield (More details inside)

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Apr 3, 2012.

1. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

You're taking it too literally. I meant Proto Man was the token cool red guy with long fabric and/or hair hanging behind him before Zero was. Like Viewtiful Joe, or the red Power Ranger, or a red Boba Fett.

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

actually bass has more in common with protoman

bass is wily's "proto-type" original robot and zero is his "perfected" version

3. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

Did Wily steal Proto-Man's schematics, or something? Because Zero looks almost just like Proto-Man. Only real differences are no visor, spiked helmet, and hair instead of a scarf.

4. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Guess who
    Colourized MMV weapons sheet.gif
    Original sprites from Sprites, Inc.
    (just realized I hadn't coloured all of the shooting sprites and holding sprites)
    Damn.
    EDIT: Here we go.
    Colourized MMV weapons sheet.gif

ThomasMink, aliceandsven and sbq92 like this.
  5. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

If I'm recalling it correctly.. Wily temporarily repaired Proto Man, somewhat, and added in some upgrades.. so it's quite possible that he could have made schematics while doing so.

6. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Indeed he did. Dr Wily actually saved his life by changing his core to nuclear. As well as he gave upgrades to Proto Man and turned him into a battle robot. So basically his weaponry actually comes from Dr. Wily (he even got his shield from Wily too if I know correctly).

7. aliceandsven

Omg dude, MMV weapons would be amazing!! But the grab buster would be useless since there's no health in SMBC.

8. Faruga

Patron

Coins?

Mitewing likes this.
  9. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

Mushrooms? Other power-ups?

10. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe neither of you meant it this way, but just in case, Grab Buster doesn't grab items, it steals items from enemies. I suppose it could potentially steal coins from enemies, or weapon energy pellets, but stealing Mushrooms wouldn't make sense (you would have to have a Mushroom in order to use Grab Buster) and stealing other power-ups would be too good.

11. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

I never played any of the gameboy games, so I didn't know that.

12. aliceandsven

If it only steals weapon energy pellets then what's the point of it compared to the buster? You'd get infinite energy return so you can just keep using it except you can't do a charge shot like the buster.

13. Faruga

Patron

Let it steal coins. That seems the best option.

14. Korby

Korby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Assuming the Grab Buster is used, of course.

ThomasMink likes this.
  15. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

No. Mega Man and Bass are enough. If you want Proto Man, pick one of them to remove. Three is overkill. I said the same thing for Zero. Three is too many.

ThomasMink and TheomanZero like this.
  16. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Agreed. Proto Man really works just fine as a Mega Man skin.

Crownjo and ThomasMink like this.
  17. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

On the double damage thing, maybe he could have one hit point, like Bill? Definitely make a good counter for the shield.

18. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Here's an idea to go with the classic Megaman thread. Have MM default without charge/slide, make Protoman a separate character only if he gets a working shield, and make current MM with charge/shield an option like Classic Simon and Samus.

19. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

It's been a while and I had an idea regarding skins. Of course, Break Man will be one. His evil alternate skin could be the shield wielding Sniper Joe.

20. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I am surprised you still remember the Classic Mega Man and Mega Man idea. Your idea is good but the big flaw is Proto Man's Shield. In this game it would be kinda useless since you would have to jump to use it. It would work against Bowser's flame and maybe the hammers. But the attacks aren't anything like the Mega Man games.

As far as alternate versions go. Here are simple solutions for MM 1/2 Mega Man, Zelda II Link and SMB3 Mario.

1: Make them separate characters but will not take space for new characters.
    2: Make it a option to toggle them in the main menu before you start the game.

I personalty like 1 the best because you can mix the characters up in co-op. Plus it's only a good idea if Classic MM, Mega Man and Bass gets their own weapons.

BassWins likes this.