Map Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Thread for map skins!

This is the map for Doomed Kingdom:
    [​IMG]

Omicron, sbq92, mariobros2 and 2 others like this.
  2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

3. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I made a thread for my Banjo Kazooie themes project, which currently only has a map skin, but will also have enemy, theme and character skins in the near future. I figured I'd make one thread for them instead of scattering the skins all over the place. take a look and tell me what you think so far!

4. mariobros2

mariobros2 Level 0: Newbie

5. huang17

huang17 Level 3: Paratroopa

I do not know how to actually make skins, so I will just mention that a Super Mario World skin is a good idea.

6. Thunder Wing

Thunder Wing Level 2: Koopa
    Patron

I'm already working on it actually, but it might take a while :joy:
    Lots of things from SMB that aren't in SMW

7. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

:castle: I've made a kid icarus enemy skin, and i'm working on a Pit skin. Do you think I should make a Kid icarus map skin as well?

8. Thunder Wing

Patron

[​IMG]

Custom castle bottom. SMAS Flags + SMW Midway gate for flag pole +Toad(No flags, poles or Toad in SMW). Might make different Poison (?) mushroom :rolleyes: . Not sure if springboard looks like that (No Red springboards for sure though. TNT replacing Bowser axe. Rotating Blocks instead of Brick Block like in SMW. No work on fireworks and bridge yet. Will make background transparent (No such thing in MS Paint) only when I'm sure I'm done with my stuff

TheomanZero and uglyrodent like this.
  9. Nat

Why no SMW yoshi egg? And thats the advance edition of peach, not the SNES one. And by the way, why not use the SMAS poison shroom?

10. Thunder Wing

Patron

Why no SMW yoshi egg
    Fixed, but no idea what that is for anyways, and what are those 2 things coming out of it. Bonus like in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe?

And thats the advance edition of peach, not the SNES one.
    SNES Peach was too big. Fixed

Why not use the SMAS poison shroom?
    Fixed

Will reupload... some later time. When MediaFire is working correctly. Image not loading on MediaFire, and image not showing here...

MediaFire not working... Hello ImageShack!

[​IMG]

Mitewing, Nat and uglyrodent like this.
  11. silentshadowxp

May I suggest changing the hills to the tall ones with eyes? I LOVE those :p

And maybe change the red coins to look like yoshi coins.

Also, do Mario world clouds really look like that? I thought they looked different

12. Thunder Wing

Patron

Clouds will be fixed soon.

13. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Aw, I didn't mind Advance Peach . . .

14. Thunder Wing

Patron

Can easily change it back :joy:

15. silentshadowxp

Red coins are from the GBA's Mario 1 which had a challenge mode where the red coins and egg are used in (you have to find them all). It's not in the game yet, but that they have the sprites shows that they are considering it for a future update.

16. Nat

The challenges first started on SMBD, which is for GBC

17. silentshadowxp

Ah, that's right. Sorry I got that mixed up. What he said :p

18. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

I made a map skin for The Great Giana Sisters. For those of you who don't know what that was, it was a game for 8-bit computers that was a rather shameless knockoff of Super Mario Bros. And when I say "shameless", I mean "shameless". Not only is gameplay nearly identical, but it was advertised with full page ads in the gaming magazines of the day with the slogan, "The brothers are history!" And they got nailed hard for it; the game was only on the market for a week before Nintendo hit them with a C&D order. It has been kept alive since then through the magic of piracy.

Anyway, enough with the history lesson, on with the skin! The graphics here are from the Commodore 64 version, with graphics that have no analogue (i.e. Toad and Peach) simply being the NES graphics recolored using the C64 palette. Some of the tiles are resized to fit in the 16x16 block.

[​IMG]

Theme and enemy skins are forthcoming. I thought about doing Giana as a skin for Mario as well, but that presents some nontrivial challenges (i.e. Giana is the same size in both regular and Punk forms, as opposed to Mario in normal and Super forms), so we'll see if I can do something about that or not.

19. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

ZOMBIE PEACH, ZOMBIE TOADS!

Mitewing and silentshadowxp like this.
  20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

OHMYGOD Giana!!!!!!!!!!!

I admit I never played the C64 version but I have the rom for the NDS game. Really cool. I like how the fireflower or whatever turns her into a punk.

Rey D likes this.