Request Map system for SMBC

Discussion in 'Features' started by Anter, Jun 30, 2011.

1. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

the map system could be an extra for level select so that you can select with a map it would be titled level extra level select or something like that

2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I personally think it would be nice for an "Adventure Mode". Not necessarily with story or anything, but just a laid back mode where you can replay levels easily without the need for a cheat if you wanted. This would be especially nice with the upcoming skins, allowing you to see how much of a difference each skin makes on a level.

3. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

good idea just like mine but yours is a mode not a cheat

4. Eric Thorstad

Eric Thorstad Level 2: Koopa

This would be an over-world map, to make it seem like SMB3, SMW, etc. Granted I don't see this as being useful, but more a cosmetic addition, something that is just cool to have.

5. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Exactly.

Although, I have to admit that the Level Select currently in the game is actually rather nice. I never did try out the one in the old version, so I don't know if it changed at all, but it's really quick and smooth to change to a different level. I'm actually perfectly fine with that now that I think about it. So I'm actually going to retract my support for this, because I like how much faster and simpler it is to choose levels with the level select than to have to navigate Mario all the way to the level you want lol.

But I do totally support it if Mario 3 levels are ever added. Way too many levels to choose from in each world, it would make the current level select frustrating.

6. Eric Thorstad

Eric Thorstad Level 2: Koopa

Now THERE is an great idea. Granted that is essentially making a whole new game, but it would be totally worth it.