Official Mario: Eating mushrooms since 1985

Mario, from Super Mario Bros., is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Doki Doki Panic, anyone?

Scorpion42 likes this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

SMB2 Toad, Mario, Luigi and Peach are already in?

3. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

No, they aren't. Skins that look like them are.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  4. Fantasy_Zone

Fantasy_Zone Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

The skins don't function the same as the SMB2 characters do. I would love to be able to ride a goomba or pick one up to toss at another.

Scorpion42 and Mitewing like this.
  5. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Good luck. God's already spoken on that one, apparently.

6. Ed209

Ed209 Level 0: Newbie

A SMB3 version of Mario/Luigi, besides just the skins, would be great. Unlock them as Cheats. But if that is too much work, then how about just adding the pick up & kick ability? When I chose the SMB3 skins I tried to pick up a turtle shell after stomping by holding the Fire button. As you know, it didn't work.

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Join the discussion.
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/cheat-smb3-mode.14895/

8. E-Pro

E-Pro Level 3: Paratroopa

I've always liked the Tanooki suit, one of my favorite powers of all time. I discovered a while back that while on the ships you can turn to stone and land on the fire. I figured you'd at least be protected from taking damage like normal but you actually destroy the fire as well. I didn't discover this when I was younger, I always saved my Tanooki suits for the easy stages so they'd last. :p

9. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Sorry, but I'm afraid his post is not pointless; in the context of that portion of the conversation, it looks like he meant you should be able to choose between SMB 1 2 or 3 controls, meaning that Mario/Luigi would be able to play like they do now (SMB1), jump on and pick up enemies (SMB2), or grab shells (SMB3) depending on the setting (along with any other little details unique to any of those games, I was just giving examples).

10. Fanciful Dancing Star

Fanciful Dancing Star Level 1: Goomba

Though, on the topic of the Toad and Peach skins, I was thinking that maybe a good compromise would be that, instead of making them full-fledged characters, just give the skins minor gameplay tweaks? Like Toad could be slightly faster and Peach could have a slight float in her jump, but otherwise they'd still play just like Mario and Luigi. Of course, I'm offering up this compromise since Peach's float is, to me, the most important aspect of playing as that character, and if we can't have Toad and Peach as full-fledged characters, I'd say this would be the next best thing.

11. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think Toad and Peach should be fully separate characters, even if the changes are little. This is because they are SELECTABLE in their game of origin.

12. Fanciful Dancing Star

Fanciful Dancing Star Level 1: Goomba

Without a doubt, they SHOULD be separate characters. I was merely suggesting a compromise, if the SMBC developers weren't willing to go that far. But yes, them being separate characters would be the most ideal thing.

13. 8bitwizard

8bitwizard Level 5: Spiny

I fully support this idea
    think about how cool it would be to pick up an enemy and chuck it at a lakitu

luigiman64 likes this.
  14. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

15. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Where's the brotherchucking Hammer, Raccoon and Tanooki Suits?

16. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

This is Mario 1.

luigiman64 and Faruga like this.
  17. NeedsMoreStuff

No, this is SMBC with NES Characters and Bass

18. MissingNo2

Which was mainly based off of Mario 1.

19. NeedsMoreStuff

Aside from blonde cliches, what has that to do with anything?

20. MissingNo2

A, what you said is far less related than what I said, and B, the Mario in this game is Mario 1 Mario. No fancy suits were in that game.